Movie Swapping Club

Hobbes

Would you be happy to share your movie collection with other members?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy to share your movie collection with other members?

• Yes, I have been dying to get my mitts on a copy of Tarkowsky's 'Stalker'
    • No, I can have all the sexy movies I need from Pantip
    • Can we also swap beer commercials?

Yep I am......... its Thailand........no one gives a f*ck.

yah u f**king stalker !!! how many TF ladies have u abused today !!!! :D:D:D:D

u r now supposed to throw a hissy girly whiny fit and write an A4 load of bollocks !!!!

I personally would rather cut my hands and feet of than write an A4 long reply to ANYONE on TF, it would be such a waste of my life that its beyond me to even comprehend that someone would have enough time and lack of sense to even do this.

I'll bring the hard-drive over tonight mate... what's your full address again?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can i join, I just have only pirate DVDs?

Is there another type of DVD?

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes, you are welcome to join :)

Indeed true but in the back of my mind I am foreseeing that some movie exec is reading this at one of the big studios in LA. He notifies the movie studios rep in Bangkok, the company gets one of its staff to join TF and subsequently the movie swap club (being a male he is also interested in the potential partner swapping that some silly TF member mentioned).

The companies rep notifies DSI and the FBI liason agents at the US embassey in BKK; he turns up to the 1st TF movie swap mtg where 30 TF members have attended with a few thousand DVDs, many of questionable origin, he then makes a call and bingo mtg is flooded with boys in brown.

We all end up on the front page of the Bkk Post the next day and our DVDs are subsequently destroyed in a media event 3 days later! :shock:

DSI thanks admin stating that the whole operation has been a success and very 'profitable' for police members and could admin pls organise a new movie club mtg with other TF members. The Thai govt gets a few kudos with the US after a big press conference.

And TF gets a plug in the press - in the weeks to follow membership goes through the roof. (The reason; misreporting in the Post stated that TF is a partner swapping site and members attending the movie mtg as front for other sordid activities). :lol:

Thankfully, such a scenario could never come to fruitition. :roll:

Actually, You have a very good point there, LG. I have to agree with you. We should consider more about this. I'm not a lawyer, and I don't really know how they take this thing in Thailand but if in Denmark or Euroupe you guys can end up paying a lot of money.

Not because of your post, Nong 1. But it's about the Movie Swapping Club.

We might need to get more info on this. Any lawyer in the house?

Nicky, you would certainly have reason for concern if this wasn't Thailand. As long as one can go and buy pirate copies of the latest Hollywood blockbuster openly at almost every shopping centre here, a few people lending out or exchanging hard to find (legal or otherwise) movies are small fry (that said it doesn't mean the RIAA henchmen wouldn't try and give us a hard time).

I'm just happy to share the few I brought with me from the UK with whomever may be interested. And if someone on here has some movies I always wanted to watch but can't find here then even better. :wink:

Can i join, I just have only pirate DVDs?

Is there another type of DVD?

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes, you are welcome to join :)

Indeed true but in the back of my mind I am foreseeing that some movie exec is reading this at one of the big studios in LA. He notifies the movie studios rep in Bangkok, the company gets one of its staff to join TF and subsequently the movie swap club (being a male he is also interested in the potential partner swapping that some silly TF member mentioned).

The companies rep notifies DSI and the FBI liason agents at the US embassey in BKK; he turns up to the 1st TF movie swap mtg where 30 TF members have attended with a few thousand DVDs, many of questionable origin, he then makes a call and bingo mtg is flooded with boys in brown.

We all end up on the front page of the Bkk Post the next day and our DVDs are subsequently destroyed in a media event 3 days later! :shock:

DSI thanks admin stating that the whole operation has been a success and very 'profitable' for police members and could admin pls organise a new movie club mtg with other TF members. The Thai govt gets a few kudos with the US after a big press conference.

And TF gets a plug in the press - in the weeks to follow membership goes through the roof. (The reason; misreporting in the Post stated that TF is a partner swapping site and members attending the movie mtg as front for other sordid activities). :lol:

Thankfully, such a scenario could never come to fruitition. :roll:

Actually, You have a very good point there, LG. I have to agree with you. We should consider more about this. I'm not a lawyer, and I don't really know how they take this thing in Thailand but if in Denmark or Euroupe you guys can end up paying a lot of money.

Yep I am......... its Thailand........no one gives a f*ck.

Until they see how big the bulge in your trousers is!

Don't worry bCool, I was posting in jest but there is an element of caution that we may all wish to avoid using a certain term when discussing our clandestine movie swapping club. But even so it would be highly doubtful that there would be any probs. After all purchasing DVDs does assist needy boys in brown families. :wink:

No worries.

The network in our apartment block appears to be blocking all torrent traffic. Although Limewire on my gf laptop works fine, I can't get torrents on vuze, utorrent or even on Opera to download. :cry:

Sometimes helps if you open the specific port your torrent software uses via your wireless router...

If the router is outside of your apartment and is a shared device then you might be stuffed.

The network in our apartment block appears to be blocking all torrent traffic. Although Limewire on my gf laptop works fine, I can't get torrents on vuze, utorrent or even on Opera to download. :cry:

Sometimes helps if you open the specific port your torrent software uses via your wireless router...

If the router is outside of your apartment and is a shared device then you might be stuffed.

That is exactly the case. It's outside on the floor and shared and I can't obviously gain access to open the port. :evil:

@ Nicky: I thought someone would come up / support the idea of a book / reading club. Perhaps a dedicated threat would be in order to see how many people would like to join in. :)

i was thinking something along the lines of .... "join our book club or we'll f**king invade ur kitchen, liberate ur fridge and drink all ur beer !!!!!!!!!!"

i keep my beer at the minimart round the way; told 'em to hold it till i need it....

not a lawyer either but i remember the music industry v napster. a certain amount of sharing amongst ppl who actually know each other was considered legit, what got napster (and more recently pirate bay) shut down was the ability to share with some shmoe you don't know...

this is *not* official legal advice, btw...

I have a load of old public information films and the like, from both sides of the atlantic. Not everyone's cup of tea, but some of the ones from the 1950's are hilarious, especially on themes such as nuclear war, homosexuality and sexual predators (one and the same in those days) and personal grooming.

Various free online archives worth a trawl;

prelinger archives is my favourite

http://www.archive.org/details/prelinger

also UK national archives

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/films/

and British Pathe

http://www.britishpathe.com/

Great stuff on all of them for general amusement, or for cut and paste editing.

:)

incidentally, Prelinger archive has Munarau's 1922 classic 'Nosferatu' available.

not a lawyer either but i remember the music industry v napster. a certain amount of sharing amongst ppl who actually know each other was considered legit, what got napster (and more recently pirate bay) shut down was the ability to share with some shmoe you don't know...

this is *not* official legal advice, btw...

I am no expert either, but surely this is the same as a book or record library, where you just borrow something for a limited time, then return it. Do libraries have to pay some sort of licence fee? I don't know.

Could we not just get this sorted and stop talking about the legal issues in a city that has no one to uphold the law or give a sh*t?

I've got a hard drive full of movies and BBC documentaries if anyone wants to do a swap?

it's not entirely true that no one will uphold the law or give a ****. it's just extremely erratic. i've heard tell of bootleggers being busted. it's somewhat possible to get in trouble in principle, but as i said i doubt sharing movies with people you actually know gets you in trouble anywhere on earth.