Movie Swapping Club

Hobbes

Would you be happy to share your movie collection with other members?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy to share your movie collection with other members?

• Yes, I have been dying to get my mitts on a copy of Tarkowsky's 'Stalker'
    • No, I can have all the sexy movies I need from Pantip
    • Can we also swap beer commercials?

Now I'm sure most people are aware and know where to stock up on the latest box office offerings here in BKK to then take home. But over the last couple of months I also noticed that whenever I was looking for movies from past years, lesser known titles or dare I say non-Hollywood productions, all one gets is this blank look in the face on the other side of the counter.

I'm pretty sure most expats do bring at least a small collection of their favourite movies when settling here in LoS (I certainly did but wished I had brought more :cry: ).

Downloading some harder-to-find movies on torrents on the other hand can be pretty tedious with the connections here and of course isn't legal either. :wink:

So, I wondered if perhaps some people here would be willing to share / swop / exchange movies from their collections with other interested members?

If you folks think this is a good idea we could have a sticky thread were members post a list of movies they are willing to share, their location (as in province or town) and any special conditions they have. All people need to then is pm each other to do arrange the details.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea.

But I have concerns about people borrowing DVD and losing them, not returning them, etc.

I guess only those really interested would step up and want to borrow movies so it would only be a few people in reality. Slackers would not go to the trouble of meeting up to swap stuff.

Also, it might be interesting to have a meeting spot for coffee on saturday where we could discuss films, directors, etc.

Good idea.

But I have concerns about people borrowing DVD and losing them, not returning them, etc.

I guess only those really interested would step up and want to borrow movies so it would only be a few people in reality. Slackers would not go to the trouble of meeting up to swap stuff.

Also, it might be interesting to have a meeting spot for coffee on saturday where we could discuss films, directors, etc.

movie club ?? meeting once a month ??

i remember at the back of a book once reading guidelines on setting up a book/reading club and thought it would be a great idea for TF .... but i was too f**king lazy to post it !!! :roll: :roll:

i remember at the back of a book once reading guidelines on setting up a book/reading club and thought it would be a great idea for TF .... but i was too f**king lazy to post it !!! :roll: :roll:

That's great idea. (can't believe I say this to CiaranM), don't be such a lazy ass. Post it, I'll join the club.

That's great idea. (can't believe I say this to CiaranM), don't be such a lazy a*s. Post it, I'll join the club.

damm .... i'm gonna have to try and find the details now !!!!

think it was in the back of April's Penthouse !!! :twisted: :twisted: