Photo Event?

admin

I'll be the guy with the loud speaker and the other hand waving in the air.

I will call you, tour guide.

As for myself, I promise to do my best impersonation of a 1980's Japanese tourist :)

Yes, the plan is coming together!

Plus we will all have cameras around our necks, which will add to the effect. I will look into getting TF fanny packs for everyone.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for myself, I promise to do my best impersonation of a 1980's Japanese tourist :)

Plus we will all have cameras around our necks, which will add to the effect. I will look into getting TF fanny packs for everyone.

The flags, don't forget the flags.

The flags, don't forget the flags.

God...what would I do without you?

What about this . . .

Start out at Hua Lamphong and cab it over to Bo Bae. Maybe even head over to China Town. We can go back to Hua Lamphong and take the MRT to the park over by Emporium (switch from MRT to BTS at Asok). And then from there we can head over to the Black Swan for some end of day beers and some food.

We can do more of these in the future so some of the other suggestions that have been thrown out there can be on tap. It just seems like other than getting around after Hua Lamphong everything is close to the MRT or BTS so we don't have to taxi it across town.

Sound good? Any other suggestions?

Hmm MRT will park at Asoke kha not Emporium. you can change to BTS at Asoke station, Emporium is Prompong Station.

I always shopping at China town, never think I wanna take photos there, it's too busy for me.

About Chinatown, I agree. Others may find the crowds a plus, though.

Benjasiri Park is ok for portrait shooting, but kinda sucks for landscapes. And by late afternoon much of it is in shadows.

If the event just for portrait...

I think it should be in a park.. Benjasiri is ok but as p'Rob said light and shadows sucks.. unless you will bring reflex by yourself.

They are some more interesting park if you get bored with Lumpini park.

1. Suan Rot Fai.... you can take BTS or MRT. there, it's just behind JJ. park.

2. Suan Sunti. Near victory monument. You can walk thru soi Rang Nam. It's opposite to Pullman hotel.

3. A park near Queen Sirikit conference centre, there's a huge lake.... I love it.

If it's a day trip...

We should take a trip, may be along the BTS line.

I think it's cool idea na...

We can pass parks, historical places such as Jim Thompson's house, Pakkard Palace. and some shopping centers.

Even though I won't be there, one of my favorite places to shoot is the Klong Teoy Fresh Market. It's just a 3 block walk from Klong Teoy MRT exit.

Is it open all day?

Some folks seems concerned about Benjasiri Park later in the afternoon. This could be a good alternative.

a bicycle hop around the ancient city (samut prakan) is nice this time of year, however not as cool as the real points of interest it mimics but an interesting take on Thailand for a day.

A van ride around the ruins of Ayutthaya is also great eye candy.

Interesting na... except the bicycle part... I can't bike :evil:

a bicycle hop around the ancient city (samut prakan) is nice this time of year, however not as cool as the real points of interest it mimics but an interesting take on Thailand for a day.

Wait... even more fun - you can rent golf buggies and drive around!

Well that just creates another point of interest to photograph :wink:

hmm i'd need a driver. (hot and sexy one)

Iain?

Iain?

which part of "hot n sexy" did you not get?