Thai things that annoy you BUT you never want them to change

KhunEmma

To be fair, he was right quite a lot of the time and you never met a guy who f*cked so many hookers in your life.

to be fair .... f**king hookers isn't much of a challenge !!! :D

well you just have to find ways to make it a challenge. make a sport of it, like hunting bears with a crossbow (tell them you're making a documentary)... or a spoon (tell them you're a leper with AIDS, and like to ride ponies bareback)...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, he was right quite a lot of the time and you never met a guy who f*cked so many hookers in your life.

to be fair .... f**king hookers isn't much of a challenge !!! :D

well you just have to find ways to make it a challenge. make a sport of it, like hunting bears with a crossbow (tell them you're making a documentary)... or a spoon (tell them you're a leper with AIDS, and like to ride ponies bareback)...

Getting freebies is a national hobby for a fair few blokes.... but still not much of a challenge

I have a mate (he is still just barely a mate) and whenever one of his boys would have a new bird who spoke good English he would ask the following.

Why do you seak good English?

Where did you learn?

Who was your teacher?

If she was from Isan she had no chance. He would constantly try to get them to fall into "I learnt English from sleeping with 50 guys a year".... To be fair, he was right quite a lot of the time and you never met a guy who f*cked so many hookers in your life.

er..to be fair , may i have a word to your mate? ,mostly we all women even hooker we got only one head for thinking unlike men so we are not so smart sometimes :) :evil:

White men thinking they are greater than God, and especially the women that makes them think so.

Bad traffic

Dirty grey streets

Westerners that live the expat life in Bangkok on the pretext of 'teaching' English when they themselves can't speak proper English.

Very perceptive lady..

especially this one so true...ROTFL

Westerners that live the expat life in Bangkok on the pretext of 'teaching' English when they themselves can't speak proper English.

Even though this may sound like an expat moan please realize I know all countries have there annoyances. Mine in Thailand is a small one but it bugs me: Escalators, why isn't there a sign saying stand on the right if not walking up or down. I am often in a rush and having to either ask for a path or wait as the things trundles along can be frustrating.

Taxi drivers and their need to overly use the throttle and break, drive too fast and get offended if you ask for them to slow down has to be another moan.

Please forgive the moan as I like Thailand and feel extremely privileged to be able to live here.

On the same note, those people that get to the bottom, or top, of the escalator, and then just stand there, acting as if they are the only ones using it, leaving absolutely no way for anyone to get around them while they talk to their friends on where to go next. Then they get insulted when you say "excuse me" to try, and get past them.

Then there are the people that cut in line, and get real insulted when told to go to the end of the line, even by other Thais. The young girls that think they are hiso are the worst. I have never seen a foreigner cut in line.

Even though this may sound like an expat moan please realize I know all countries have there annoyances. Mine in Thailand is a small one but it bugs me: Escalators, why isn't there a sign saying stand on the right if not walking up or down. I am often in a rush and having to either ask for a path or wait as the things trundles along can be frustrating.

Taxi drivers and their need to overly use the throttle and break, drive too fast and get offended if you ask for them to slow down has to be another moan.

Please forgive the moan as I like Thailand and feel extremely privileged to be able to live here.

I love Thailand. However, I'm sorry to say this, but I also hate the feeling that I have to apologize before and after I say something critical about Thailand. I really love the country, and please forgive me for pointing out something negative.

I have a mate (he is still just barely a mate) and whenever one of his boys would have a new bird who spoke good English he would ask the following.

Why do you seak good English?

Where did you learn?

Who was your teacher?

If she was from Isan she had no chance. He would constantly try to get them to fall into "I learnt English from sleeping with 50 guys a year".... To be fair, he was right quite a lot of the time and you never met a guy who f*cked so many hookers in your life.

i wish i slept with 50 guys or more to get good English as the BEST and ORIGINAL but unfortunately :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Guest Lollipop

this happens everywhere. :wink:

Guest Lollipop
On the same note, those people that get to the bottom, or top, of the escalator, and then just stand there, acting as if they are the only ones using it, leaving absolutely no way for anyone to get around them while they talk to their friends on where to go next. Then they get insulted when you say "excuse me" to try, and get past them.

Then there are the people that cut in line, and get real insulted when told to go to the end of the line, even by other Thais. The young girls that think they are hiso are the worst. I have never seen a foreigner cut in line.

So true :lol: I never do that :D

Observed Behaviour: Multiple transactions with different ATM cards in one session.

While you are waiting patiently in the queue, they are doing one transaction after the other, and when you think that they really should be running out of cards by now, they'll just pull another one out of their purse and start all over again :?

Observed Behaviour: Multiple transactions with different ATM cards in one session.

While you are waiting patiently in the queue, they are doing one transaction after the other, and when you think that they really should be running out of cards by now, they'll just pull another one out of their purse and start all over again :?

At least they pay someone, somewhere! What's about the non-payers?

Guest Lollipop
Family in-fighting over land, property and auto pink slips...
what about fighting for money over marriage - divorce?

That's not a fight, that a clear ruling by a judge who cannot be paid under the table..

Here you have to put up with your dead beat cheating husbands cause there's nowhere else to go.

I still can't see the difference of these.

Because Thai people who use escalators are not in rush people, if you in rush, i suggest you use stair case .. :)

There is something strange, will not say wrong, in the relationship money vs. Thai!

In most Expat societies money is related to hard work "work for your money"! In the Thai society money seems more valued as a transmitter of values and can pay respect, brides, bribes, believe, as a heartfelt gift, even love etc. For Thais even better than money is pure simple gold! What's that?

Which is not wrong because the believe in a piece of paper or an ounce metal made the world go round!

What makes me worry is that some expats adopted or adapted to that kind of attitude and use it in the worst way to get their advantage out of it!

Does this mean "no more work for money"?

There is something strange, will not say wrong, in the relationship money vs. Thai!

In most Expat societies money is related to hard work "work for your money"! In the Thai society money seems more valued as a transmitter of values and can pay respect, brides, bribes, believe, as a heartfelt gift, even love etc. For Thais even better than money is pure simple gold! What's that?

Which is not wrong because the believe in a piece of paper or an ounce metal made the world go round!

What makes me worry is that some expats adopted or adapted to that kind of attitude and use it in the worst way to get their advantage out of it!

mai kao jai :?

You think many Thai girls become prostitues for fun?

Poverty doesn't give a darn about "value" but "what to eat tomorrow and Iphone 4 is needed".