We need to talk

Aphrodite

I've been reading this article about how men and women response differently on a statement "We need to talk" Apparently, women only say it when they need their boyfriend to change something about him, but men, it could be so many things, positive or negative. Personally, I still think that when a guy says, "We need to talk", to his girlfriend, it often means, "I wanna break with you". So what do you guys think? Agree or disagree...

I've been reading this article about how men and women response differently on a statement "We need to talk" Apparently, women only say it when they need their boyfriend to change something about him, but men, it could be so many things, positive or negative. Personally, I still think that when a guy says, "We need to talk", to his girlfriend, it often means, "I wanna break with you". So what do you guys think? Agree or disagree...

That could be a reflection of the type of guys you find yoursef attracted to. Like wanna be bad boys too weak, pathetic and immature to be able to express themsleves before a relationship gets to the point of no return.

It could be that you are a terrible gf and blokes hit that conclusion quickly.

Perhaps some people, me for example, use it when we to emphasise we are about to have a fairly important conversation.

To think women ONLY say it when they need a bf to change and is a bit dumb.

Even I don't generalise that much about the weaker sex.

"We need to talk" Apparently, women only say it when they need their boyfriend to change something about him, but men, it could be so many things, positive or negative....

^^ I would agree with this...

re: your personal experience ...just by chance that it occurred that way!

BTW -- how could he possibly wanted to have that kind of "talk" with you? :wink:

I just said something like that to my GF and told her something that was bothering me. It was a good thing and I feel better. She has said that to me 3 or 4 times and I always sit expecting something serious and it turns out to be nothing. I was stewing for a week and now I feel better. She told me don't wait so long to tell me next time and that is how it should be. Its healthier then holding it in.

• 1 month later...

Guys don't WANT to change. (and really we don't want to talk about our relationship)

Amen to that. Yes, it's true. Men don't like talking about relationship, bad or good.

Girls, if your sweet relationship gone sour, sometime it's better to take a break or walk out of it quietly. No need to talk much, and your man will be appreciated that (speaking from my experiences of course)

Why on earth do you girls think we want a conversation that starts like these.....?

"We need to talk..."

"Do you think about the future?"

"Where are we going...?"

"What do you want from 'us'?"

"What do you really think about me?"

"How many girls have you slept with?"

"Who was your best lover?"

"Let's talk about us.."

"My friend's boyfriend does this..."

"My family really want to meet you."

"Oh look! Rob and Jeab had a baby..."

"Do you think you'll ever get married again?"

"How much do you love me?"

"How many girls have you slept with?"

That's the relationship killer question. Try that if you don't believe EB. (and don't forget to post the result here).

Who doesn't believe ME?

I never answer that question and I never ask how many guys a girl had before me.

(I usually check if they've had girls before :twisted: )

When I was working for AOL (a loooong time ago) I had an employee who was absolutely fantastic. We decided to promote her and give her a pretty substantial boost in salary.

I sent her an email saying "Can you come by my office? I have something I want to discuss with you." I wanted to tell her in person as I felt that sending her an email about her promotion was a tad impersonal. I also wanted her to know how much we appreciated her dedicated work which I thought was better done in person rather than via email.

About five minutes later she was standing at the door. I told her to come in. As this was a HR issue I wanted to have some privacy so I told her to shut the door. She shut the door and sat down.

I proceeded to tell her about the promotion, salary increase, and give her my personal thanks for being such an outstanding worker. But as I spoke I noticed she was a bit off. No smile crossed her face at any of the news. When I finished I asked "Are you okay?" She said "Yeah, I'm just trying to get myself together because when you told me to shut the door I thought I was getting fired."

Just interesting how people can have such wildly different perceptions. We were nothing but happy with her but she was so self-concious that she thought her job was in danger.

When I was working for AOL (a loooong time ago) I had an employee who was absolutely fantastic. We decided to promote her and give her a pretty substantial boost in salary.

I sent her an email saying "Can you come by my office? I have something I want to discuss with you." I wanted to tell her in person as I felt that sending her an email about her promotion was a tad impersonal. I also wanted her to know how much we appreciated her dedicated work which I thought was better done in person rather than via email.

About five minutes later she was standing at the door. I told her to come in. As this was a HR issue I wanted to have some privacy so I told her to shut the door. She shut the door and sat down.

I proceeded to tell her about the promotion, salary increase, and give her my personal thanks for being such an outstanding worker. But as I spoke I noticed she was a bit off. No smile crossed her face at any of the news. When I finished I asked "Are you okay?" She said "Yeah, I'm just trying to get myself together because when you told me to shut the door I thought I was getting fired."

Just interesting how people can have such wildly different perceptions. We were nothing but happy with her but she was so self-concious that she thought her job was in danger.

Put yourself in that position today. You would have been calling her in to fire her.