up-coming films!!

stegee

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Tom Hanks movie was a bag of fermenting monkey spunk blended with leper's-scrotum peelings.

What does this mean..err.. in English ?? :roll:

'Bad'

really? i thought he was comparing it to the recipe for haggis, but i don't speak Scottish.

(muses) Damn! I wish I'd written that!

Lol

I'm sure you do, but unlike our pierogi munching driveway laying Polack chum, you lack the necessary flair and imagination...

:twisted:

Ahhh, someone has clattered across the Hibernian bridge, awakening the troglodyte residing beneath.

Look children. See how he gnashes his yellowed, fractured teeth.

Listen to his grumbling, unintelligible grunts as he rages against the world. A world that has treated him and his kin so badly due to their hideous deformities (begat through centuries of inbreeding).

And laugh too... Yes. Laugh at his jiggling man boobs, bouncing merrily as he pounds his keyboard.

Don't be scared. Despite his horrendous appearance, he is mostly harmless like an aging walrus having long since lost his tusks, but still huffing and spluttering his indignant.

(well, that was fun!) ;-)

and spluttering his indignant.

Yes?? And there was me thinking you were actually competent in the English language...whereas the truth was that the retard levels were just lurking below the surface. His indignant what? Thoughts? Views? Surely some sort of noun is needed to make that sentence actually mean anything? Or did you actually mean to say indignation?

For god's sake man, you are not pimping your ass round Moss Side to raise enough for a tenner bag. Nor are you down Canal Street with a noseful of poppers and a handful of some pretty boy from Oldham.

So just take a minute; remove that spiky butt plug from your ass, tell the 2 pretty boys to scurry away from your desk, and take a deep breath.

big_1944991.jpg

I thought the Tom Hanks movie was a bag of fermenting monkey spunk blended with leper's-scrotum peelings.

What does this mean..err.. in English ?? :roll:

'Bad'

really? i thought he was comparing it to the recipe for haggis, but i don't speak Scottish.

(muses) Damn! I wish I'd written that!

Lol

I'm sure you do, but unlike our pierogi munching driveway laying Polack chum, you lack the necessary flair and imagination...

:twisted:

poland have flair players?

Kielbasinho? :shock:

and spluttering his indignant.

Yes?? And there was me thinking you were actually competent in the English language...whereas the truth was that the retard levels were just lurking below the surface.

Be nice, it's not his fault he's from a country where English is a second language.

indignant - in-dig-nunt

A technical word used soley amongst marine biologists referring to the uvula of a Patagonian bull walrus.

eg On the rocky headland, sat the walrus herd leader, spluttering his indignant at any trespassers into his domain.

:oops:

sputtering his indignant sounds more like a euphemism for blinding the cyclops...

:?

im thinkin Watchmen.... will not b good at all, tho i am looking forward to it.

I just read the whole thick ass

graphic novel (one long fat comic book)

a few weeks ago and it was more huff then action or fun. Best part was when they broke out the retard from prison and thats bout it.

Like most good books, or comics for that matter the movie never does it justice!!!

So beware of the new Dragonball movie as well!

I here theres a thundercats movie in the makin but who knows

:?

Watchmen was a radical new thing in the 80's. It dared to show superheroes dying and being fallible and taking responsibility in a way never seen before. Now this concept is so overdone there's even a TV series. The movie may be a fun movie but it won't make a statement. The original comic book series made a serious statement when it was first printed, and one that (A) is irrelevant today, and (B) works much better in the context of a comic book than a movie. I expect it will be good mindless fun anyway.

Watchmen was a radical new thing in the 80's. It dared to show superheroes dying and being fallible and taking responsibility in a way never seen before. Now this concept is so overdone there's even a TV series. The movie may be a fun movie but it won't make a statement. The original comic book series made a serious statement when it was first printed, and one that (A) is irrelevant today, and (B) works much better in the context of a comic book than a movie. I expect it will be good mindless fun anyway.

Watchmen looks very good and dare I say that I am somewhat excited about a film for the first time in ages. Looking for a new novel I spotted 3, yes 3, Watchmen books iin Kinokuniya bookshop yesteray and the costumes and sets looked very good.

Given that it was 20 plus years in development I am hoping that it can live up to expectations.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so this Danny Boyle film pulled at the heart strings in all the predictable places. I suppose movies have to if they want Oscars but similar to The Kite Runner it worked for me.

I only mention the same movies in the same thread because of the part of the world they were based in and the similarities in styles. And yes, I am aware of the many less obvious but more resonate films that have come from East Asia over the last few years.

Even so I enjoyed both.