wierd thai behaviour in TF events ??

marco_funny

i just wanted to get an idea what s wrong when people talk normally even for short time just like in a social group, I got really irritated to see people acting arrogantly and in very unfriendly mood then all sudden behind the curtains they bombard u with messages ???

weird indeed ?

If you are not the sh*t, don't expect them to be the flies. :roll:

+1

:D

but he does seem to think he's the dog's bollocks !! :roll: :roll: :roll:

so perhaps the saying should be;

If you are not the dog's b*llocks, don't expect them to be the dog's tongue...

:)

May the dog be with you!!! ...oops! wrong one!

:lol:

Learn to lick them you must...

Oops, I meant Learn to like them you must...

Cheers Yodee

:D

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before approaching anyone eye contacts and gestures indicates weather or the n ot the group of persons are interested into getting to know you, m opinion it s not the right thing to go over to people who refuse to exchange eye contacts or show any facial interest, thus what s the point to approach them ??

the reason why i have posted this thread because i had 5 of my friends who had the same scenario with multiple people in many events organization being in Face book or here or even sanook website.

I have personally approached them durinh the event and they don't want to converse or talk, as I can speak intermediate Thai it s certainly not the language barrier, those people clearly shows very gloomy face and pretends to ignore you completely then later send message "Hi I m bla bla bla Do you remember me ????????"

before approaching anyone eye contacts and gestures indicates weather or the n ot the group of persons are interested into getting to know you, m opinion it s not the right thing to go over to people who refuse to exchange eye contacts or show any facial interest, thus what s the point to approach them ??

the reason why i have posted this thread because i had 5 of my friends who had the same scenario with multiple people in many events organization being in Face book or here or even sanook website.

I have personally approached them durinh the event and they don't want to converse or talk, as I can speak intermediate Thai it s certainly not the language barrier, those people clearly shows very gloomy face and pretends to ignore you completely then later send message "Hi I m bla bla bla Do you remember me ????????"

but....

Do u mean at the TF events too?

hmmmmmmm

This is DanielBoy right? Couldn't be anyone else.

An outrageous post, everyone disagrees, argues without common sense or logic, invents friends who have the same experience.... DanielBoy - SURE!!!

(btw where do you get 5 TF friends from if no-one speaks to you?)

I didn't mean 5 TFs I meant 5 male buddy i know, besides the title of the thread is a bit misleading as it also include the same explanation to other social events from other websites, i said that I don't get bothered at all from people acting this way because i ignore them as well and I enjoy with my own social group buddy, what it shock me is why they contact me back ???

isn't the purpose of the social events is for entertainment recreations and enjoying as groups be it in a buffet one or a clubbing one, i just explained that it s useless to send messages to someone once the event is over if the person didn't show interest there or at least gave some minor introduction.

being shy is obvious and different from being rude,

no actually it isn't obvious, unless you can read minds. and it's a big (and quite rude) assumption on *your* part to claim you can tell the difference.

i seriously doubt you can read minds, and if you claim you can i'd need to see you do it in a controlled experiment before i'm even slightly inclined to believe you.

Well I have only been to two TF events, and I found that everyone that I talked to, to be very friendly.

Mind you, at Aom's picnic, they were probably after the chicken satay on my plate. :roll:

haha and u only had one piece of chicken because u were busy talking to all 30 people there huh?? :lol:

Yes Aom.

And busy lying in a big circle on the grass for the photo from the tree.

Those people were soooo unfriendly. :-D

Well I have only been to two TF events, and I found that everyone that I talked to, to be very friendly.

Mind you, at Aom's picnic, they were probably after the chicken satay on my plate. :roll:

haha and u only had one piece of chicken because u were busy talking to all 30 people there huh?? :lol:

Yes Aom.

You like it, don't you? :P

Yes Aom.

You like it, don't you? :P

And you Deester. I still remember those funny socks with the toes 55555. Very cute :-)

I agree, shy attitude can frequently be confused with total uninterest or even made appear people as "stuck up"... and in Thailand it's not uncommon to missunderstand, because the attitude to cover shiness is sometimes confusing.

I saw often at parties some nice looking guy sitting alone, while the group of girls that were talking with me were obviously interessed (I could hear their talks) but did show totally indifferent, scared of exposing themself.

It can happend everywhere, but in Thailand, due to cultural background it's more frequent.

Why they contact you later?? That prove that were interessed in knowing you but were too shy.... Behind a keyboard no reason to be shy anymore and so they try to get in contact with you. If you give them a chance maybe next time the will be a little bit more brave :)

I can see where Mr Funny is coming from.

PPL seemed "clicky" and cold when I went to my 1st TF event. (As a side note as a former event coordinator I think some ice-breaking games would do a world of good.)

I think this is the result of a bit of shyness and cultural differences - this isn't the west. People stick to familiar faces and groups. If you smile and come up to people they are most likely respond with warmth, but no one is going to run up to you. If someone does act like that I think you can confront them individually and ask them that in a personal message.

If you want a real culture clash come to Moskow and try the same thing at a social event.

Overall, it's good to just be open and take the 1st step and not take offense to cultural differences.

I have been sulking, but I decided to re-emerge and reinvent myself whilest retaining my Knight in Shining Armour status in response to the OP...

Man, I agree with you totally. I am also a very shy man and hide in the corner and hope that none of these superior 'thais' rivet their gaze on me or make some condescending remark. In return, none of them smile at me or hug me and I sit drinking my lemonade in silence while other awful womanising men (like those who have responded on this forum) clearly engage in promiscuous activity with the 'thai people'.

I also notice that the 'thai people' get together for photographs constantly and exhibit a profoundly 'ap bow' stance with their fingers assuming a V sign to indicate their victory over the intruder: ME... :(

The solution, my friend, is to shun society in this country altogether and adopt a hermit existence like all the other people who post sad diatribes regularly on these forums.

Alas, I'm back. (And I am supporting Khun Abhisit). :roll:

:roll:

Just thinking along

This is DanielBoy right? Couldn't be anyone else.

An outrageous post, everyone disagrees, argues without common sense or logic, invents friends who have the same experience.... DanielBoy - SURE!!!

(btw where do you get 5 TF friends from if no-one speaks to you?)

I didn't mean 5 TFs I meant 5 male buddy i know, besides the title of the thread is a bit misleading as it also include the same explanation to other social events from other websites, i said that I don't get bothered at all from people acting this way because i ignore them as well and I enjoy with my own social group buddy, what it shock me is why they contact me back ???

isn't the purpose of the social events is for entertainment recreations and enjoying as groups be it in a buffet one or a clubbing one, i just explained that it s useless to send messages to someone once the event is over if the person didn't show interest there or at least gave some minor introduction.

Ever think maybe it is you and your attitude....get a clue...

Take Cherie's advice, stay home

LOL @ Loburt. I have to agree. People will remember you more easily (and positively) if you lighten up and start posting (positive) journals ... Well, .. you've gotten that far...

Secondly you might want to upload some clear facial shots as well. I have to say I would not recognize you either, even after this post, not even if you would show up with that bike.

Good luck

LOL @ Loburt. I have to agree. People will remember you more easily (and positively) if you lighten up and start posting (positive) journals ... Well, .. you've gotten that far...

Secondly you might want to upload some clear facial shots as well. I have to say I would not recognize you either, even after this post, not even if you would show up with that bike.

Good luck

Yeah, clear head shots are always good, Chris.

clear head shots

clear head

head

all good things as far as I am concerned!! :)

Good luck

Yeah, clear head shots are always good, Chris.

clear head shots

clear head

head

all good things as far as I am concerned!! :)

Hmmm, yes. 'Facial' is such a nasty word I think. I cringe.

we wont even go there Mark... :shock: