wierd thai behaviour in TF events ??

marco_funny

PMike

Common for English Gents on a Sunday Afternoon (you can tell my the hair and the pale white skin)

They are not English mate.

Look at the plugs on that floating socket board. They are not English style 3-pin plugs. Maybe European, or American.

They're German for sure; that particular model of inflatable swimming pool is only available in Southern Germany (ok they may have bought it there but the guy looking at the camera looks bloody German)

:D

Oi, what are you trying to say? :shock:

Granted, the plugs could point to Germany but take a look at the table...small bottles of beer :arrow:

No dimwitted, sh*t-for-brains German attempting to gain that prestigious Darwin Award would sink so low as to obtain small bottles of beer. Besides they are even harder to find than the 'normal' half litre containers and are hence beyond the horizon of above gents. They may opt for some cheap half-litre cans of Hansa Pils or some Wiesenburger but it would all be in big bottles/cans if it was in Germany. :wink:

Perhaps, but am sticking with my assertion that the chap on far side of pool facing camera is called Gunther!!

(they bought small beers so as to not overbalance table - they are being very safety conscious)

:)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PMike

Common for English Gents on a Sunday Afternoon (you can tell my the hair and the pale white skin)

Look at the plugs on that floating socket board. They are not English style 3-pin plugs. Maybe European, or American.

They're German for sure; that particular model of inflatable swimming pool is only available in Southern Germany (ok they may have bought it there but the guy looking at the camera looks bloody German)

Granted, the plugs could point to Germany but take a look at the table...small bottles of beer :arrow:

No dimwitted, sh*t-for-brains German attempting to gain that prestigious Darwin Award would sink so low as to obtain small bottles of beer. Besides they are even harder to find than the 'normal' half litre containers and are hence beyond the horizon of above gents. They may opt for some cheap half-litre cans of Hansa Pils or some Wiesenburger but it would all be in big bottles/cans if it was in Germany. :wink:

Perhaps, but am sticking with my assertion that the chap on far side of pool facing camera is called Gunther!!

(they bought small beers so as to not overbalance table - they are being very safety conscious)

That may as it be but Gunther is an Austrian, dude. Bloody typical, some Austrians try to fry everyone and we Germans get the blame... :roll:

PMike

That may as it be but Gunther is an Austrian, dude. Bloody typical, some Austrians try to fry everyone and we Germans get the blame... :roll:

Lol. Loved the double meaning there.

You could be right; a quick jaunt up the Autobahn from somewhere like Wolfgang am See into Sud Bayern and purchase the pool, then back to shcnitzel land for a small bottle of beer party!!!

Tschuss!!

PMike

Lol. Loved the double meaning there.

You could be right; a quick jaunt up the Autobahn from somewhere like Wolfgang am See into Sud Bayern and purchase the pool, then back to shcnitzel land for a small bottle of beer party!!!

Tschuss!!

Jawohl, and Austrians haven't learned yet to drink from large beer bottles anyway. :wink:

:twisted:

PMike

Yeah German are good at that! But as I don't recognised beer bottle (let alone the small sized), can u prove that those are German beer or beer u can find in Germany!?!

He don't look so German to me... actually more like Scandinavian dude!

There are some of them that package are kinda same style but in different colour orange, blue, green, yellow..

I never found beer bottle like this in Thailand... but those ready-to-drink, due to many flavours.

who start this??? It got me so curious and since we will never find out... how can I will be able to sleep soundly tonight.

Think I agree with Hobbes that they are Germanic, aber Osterreich nichts Deutschland...

Well now, after these historically meaningful pan-european and even worldwide investigations, I think it's time to ventilate the inscrutable mist of that mystery.

Voila a HiRes (& Photoshop pimped) version of the pic. Please note that "Krombacher" is a german brand...

baden2.jpg

I'm looking forward to examine the next conspiracy theory with that excellent team!

(Btw. I've heard that Sherlock Holmes' real name was Siegfried Holm ... but I might be at fault with that) :-)

Definitely not Aussies. That grill would have been full of sausages, and the beers would have been floating in the pool to keep them cold.

Not Scots either.

(1)They have the same 3-pin plugs, as the rest of the UK

(2) Its too cold in Scotland for an outdoor pool.

(3) There would be no beers in the picture, as they would still be arguing who is going to pay for them, :-D

• 1 month later...
Freedom of speech is an important principle ...

i wondered how long it would be before that popped up... when people stop being responsible for their comments because "its not real life or real people" do they still deserve to enjoy such freedoms?

You have taken the quote out of context;

Freedom of speech is an important principle especially in a country where censorship of the internet is growing. A bit of criticsm of TF is hardly something to be afraid of especially if most members can judge that the poster is obviously predisposed to a negative generalisation. Just ignore it.

Yes everyone has responsibility but the value of forums is that there should be more scope in expression, even by trolls. Who is really harmed by the two posts??? Did the mod get copious PMs complaining that the pure image of TF had been desecrated? Comments like that should not cause offence to any reasonable person on TF. Stimulate debate, agreement or ridicule perhaps but not warrant a yellow card.

And if you believe it is a fake member then ban the profile as would be the normal course of action. I don't give a toss about the member but the apparent randomness in issuing yellow cards by some mods is concerning and may stifle some of the more diverse/creative/weird inputs on TF.

I wanted to return to this issue The main reason I felt that the ban was inappropriate at the time was not only due to the seemingly flimsy and inconsistent basis for the ban BUT that it was reflective of a temperment which may result in more censorship on TF and most likely lead to self censorship.

We all know the identity of DO IT and have seen a more recent thread expressing a similar sentiment to the comments made in this thread. The debate took place on that thread without any major problems but did draw critique regarding the number of yellow cards and suggested recent loss of diversity on TF.

In the last few weeks I have seen a number of comments by some members who are concerned that they may be issued a yellow card due if they post certain content and thus seemingly engage in self censorship.

More concerningly, the majority of those comments have been from thai members. The forums are predominately a farang male dominated space and we recently discussed the communication issue which limits some thai members. It is an unfortunate dynamic if there are a number of members apparently fearful of receiving a yellow card and thus engaging in self censorship of their comments. I believe that all forum sites ebb and flow in cycles and change is a constant. However, it does seem a to be bit of a shame if some are constantly worried about their posts as they may receive a brief ban.

I could be wrong with this perception as we all joke about receiving a yellow card. The point has been made that a yellow card is hardly much of a penalty - I certainly wouldn't care less if I receive another one. However, for some members it does represents an infraction of a community standard and they patently seek to avoid it.

i wondered how long it would be before that popped up... when people stop being responsible for their comments because "its not real life or real people" do they still deserve to enjoy such freedoms?

Freedom of speech is an important principle especially in a country where censorship of the internet is growing. A bit of criticsm of TF is hardly something to be afraid of especially if most members can judge that the poster is obviously predisposed to a negative generalisation. Just ignore it.

Yes everyone has responsibility but the value of forums is that there should be more scope in expression, even by trolls. Who is really harmed by the two posts??? Did the mod get copious PMs complaining that the pure image of TF had been desecrated? Comments like that should not cause offence to any reasonable person on TF. Stimulate debate, agreement or ridicule perhaps but not warrant a yellow card.

And if you believe it is a fake member then ban the profile as would be the normal course of action. I don't give a toss about the member but the apparent randomness in issuing yellow cards by some mods is concerning and may stifle some of the more diverse/creative/weird inputs on TF.

I wanted to return to this issue The main reason I felt that the ban was inappropriate at the time was not only due to the seemingly flimsy and inconsistent basis for the ban BUT that it was reflective of a temperment which may result in more censorship on TF and most likely lead to self censorship.

We all know the identity of DO IT and have seen a more recent thread expressing a similar sentiment to the comments made in this thread. The debate took place on that thread without any major problems but did draw critique regarding the number of yellow cards and suggested recent loss of diversity on TF.

In the last few weeks I have seen a number of comments by some members who are concerned that they may be issued a yellow card due if they post certain content and thus seemingly engage in self censorship.

More concerningly, the majority of those comments have been from thai members. The forums are predominately a farang male dominated space and we recently discussed the communication issue which limits some thai members. It is an unfortunate dynamic if there are a number of members apparently fearful of receiving a yellow card and thus engaging in self censorship of their comments. I believe that all forum sites ebb and flow in cycles and change is a constant. However, it does seem a to be bit of a shame if some are constantly worried about their posts as they may receive a brief ban.

I could be wrong with this perception as we all joke about receiving a yellow card. The point has been made that a yellow card is hardly much of a penalty - I certainly wouldn't care less if I receive another one. However, for some members it does represents an infraction of a community standard and they patently seek to avoid it.

prrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ........... whoops sorry wrong profile !!!

need to sign in again !! :D:D:D

For me there is definitely a feeling now that censorship in these forums is way too much. I think the low quality of the forums in the past 6 months, and why (I think) many of the more entertaining contributors have disappeared (or been banned) reflects this. Plenty of others have already said the same and complained (in polite ways so as not to get carded).

For me there is definitely a feeling now that censorship in these forums is way too much.

i agree.

I think the low quality of the forums in the past 6 months, and why (I think) many of the more entertaining contributors have disappeared (or been banned) reflects this.

don't necessarily agree. i think a very high percentage are just bored with it.

For me there is definitely a feeling now that censorship in these forums is way too much.

i agree.

I think the low quality of the forums in the past 6 months, and why (I think) many of the more entertaining contributors have disappeared (or been banned) reflects this.

don't necessarily agree. i think a very high percentage are just bored with it.

I certainly am.

After a little gentle teasing of my good friend Iain_D, I was contacted by the Mods as I had broken a rule.

I enjoy the forums, but the SPIRIT of the rules must be more important than the letter.

Iain and I never take offence at each other's jibes. It's just fun.

I appreciate the difficulties faced by the Mods - if I get away with breaking a rule because it was in jest, won't other people cry favouritism? Will other posters do the same thing maliciously and then claim immunity as English_bob did it before?

I guess it comes down to that word 'maliciously'. If someone complains, the Mods would be obligated to investigate and possibly take action.

How, then, to administer the rules and maintain the fun of the forums?

I had an idea last night - perhaps a 'No-Holds-Barred' Forum category. One that comes with a health warning and a disclaimer. One in which consenting adults share ideas, arguments, insults and fun without censorship (Thai Royal Family being the exception).

Would anyone contribute? Would people open themselves to potential abuse if it gave them the freedom to write whatever they truly felt?

I think they would.

I had an idea last night - perhaps a 'No-Holds-Barred' Forum category. One that comes with a health warning and a disclaimer. One in which consenting adults share ideas, arguments, insults and fun without censorship (Thai Royal Family being the exception).

so an area where people go to be puerile just for the sake of it? controlled spontaneity? how absolutely fabulous...

personally i think the new mods and admin are finding their feet and adjusting on the fly. when they take it easy you guys take the piss, they go harder you guys whine. balance and trust between mods and members will eventually occur as this is what always happens year in year out

Jay, very well put. I along with the new mods are still finding the right ground to stand on and every bit of info we get helps (even if it is drunk banter about life).

Right now the economy is going to sh*t, gf's and bf's are breaking up, people are getting bored with monotonous (same same) lives, and a good place to let that all out is right here. As one person recently said to me, "When things are going well, even assholes are great entertainment. When things aren't going well, those you can learn from turn into complete snobs."

A happy middle ground will be found soon. I've been on both sides of the "harmony" extremes now and have my helmet strapped on for the future ride.

And yes, PM's with suggestions are appreciated as well.

I can't agree more.

so an area where people go to be puerile just for the sake of it? controlled spontaneity? how absolutely fabulous...

personally i think the new mods and admin are finding their feet and adjusting on the fly. when they take it easy you guys take the piss, they go harder you guys whine. balance and trust between mods and members will eventually occur as this is what always happens year in year out

Not peuerile at all, but where people can agree that no matter how tough the going gets, it's tough luck.

If you don't want to participate, fine. But there are a lot of people treading on eggshells who don't like rewriting every post in case it offends someone.

Now, say for example that I REALLY hated being called a 'whiny brat'. Does that contravene the rules of treating everyone with respect? Of course. Is it a yellow card? No... But it DID break a rule.

We 'take the piss' when Mods are too easy? How? By having opinions and voicing them? By flaming people we feel deserve it?

Well do those people a favour - give them a kiddies forum with no profanity, insults or freedom of speech and let other people express what they want to express without Draconian censorship.