Teacher has sex with 13 year old student in Thailand........

drlovelife8

A female teacher burst into tears after being jailed for six months for having sex with a 15-year-old student.

Karen Ellis, 37, was sentenced in Melbourne to two years and eight months' jail, with six months to be served immediately. The rest of the sentence has been suspended.

The mother of three was given a 22-month suspended sentence in the County Court of Victoria last November after admitting to having sex with the student. The Director of Public Prosecutions appealed.

This case caused an uproar when it happened many people saying she should of got more time in jail and many saying she should not of gone to jail!!!

IMO she did the wrong thing you don't have sex with kids!!

if it was a married male teacher and father of three having sex with a 15 year old student i wonder if ppl would be saying he shouldn't go to jail !!!

Exactly........ equality all the way huh

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A female teacher burst into tears after being jailed for six months for having sex with a 15-year-old student.

Karen Ellis, 37, was sentenced in Melbourne to two years and eight months' jail, with six months to be served immediately. The rest of the sentence has been suspended.

Pfft.. let's keep the discussion to the civilised world please, not countries where it was legal to shoot people for sport until recently. TIA.

i personally believe this happens everywhere around the world but depends on the press to press it or not.

why couldnt it have happened in my world when I was 13. i was at a catholic boarding school and we only had the odd freaky priest. its not fair

u wanted to be shagged by a freaky priest when u were 13 ??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Just ask Ciaran why he had a centre parting till he was 15!!!! :twisted:

Sex between a 15 year old and a 13 year old neighbors doesn't compare with a 29 year old teacher in a position of responsibility and a 13 year old student.

I assume you of all people see this Lob

And teachers abusing their trusted position and having sex with teen or pre-teen students happens in just about every country, and is not a problem limited to Thailand or symptomatic of its 'mai pen rai' culture.

I assume you of all people see this doctor

Mark Little, 28, of Latchford, Warrington, England tried to wipe his computer's memory before it was seized and examined by investigators, a jury at Chester Crown Court was told. But the police were able to recover and reconstruct some of his chats with the girl on the MySpace website, it was alleged.

Little, of Latchford, Warrington, denies 12 counts of sexual activity with a child under the age of 16. The case is expected to last 10 days. The girl's identity or the name of her school cannot be published. "If there was no relationship, why were they messaging each other as they did?" said Simon Medland, prosecuting.

and

A TEACHER who is a cousin of former England goalkeeper David Seaman was spared prison yesterday after admitting an affair with a 15-year-old pupil.

Nicola Prentice, 25, wept uncontrollably in the dock as a judge passed a 12-month prison sentence suspended for one year after she admitted sleeping with Dean Dainty after he turned 16.

Judge Michael Stokes QC spared her jail after reading a note from his mother saying: "She's been punished enough."

The affair began when Prentice seduced the youngster at school and offered him break-dancing lessons after class. They had nights out and she took him for holidays in Benidorm and Ibiza.

Plenty of examples easily found on the web from the US, Canada and Australia too.

There are 2 separate but intertwined issues in this case;

1) An adult had sex with a child; no matter if he came onto her first, how old he looked etc etc. It is a case of child molestation pure and simple.

2) There was a major breach of trust. When a parent waves goodbye to their child as they go to school, the parent usually does not worry, because the school and the teachers are seen as being in the place of the parents while that child is at school. This is a fact under UK law (don't know if Thailand has equivalent) and is known as in loco parentis.

This woman breached that trust and therefore compounded the crime in (1)

Would anyone know what the system is in Thailand when someone in a position of trust has sex with a child? Is there child protection lists in Thailand that ban that adult from ever working with children again?

I am really interested to know whether she can go and work in another school or is this the end of her teaching children??

Would anyone know what the system is in Thailand when someone in a position of trust has sex with a child? Is there child protection lists in Thailand that ban that adult from ever working with children again?

I am really interested to know whether she can go and work in another school or is this the end of her teaching children??

You asked as Thailand is uncivilized country... we have laws to protect the children and youth. I don't think it's difference from your country. I'm not sure 100% about it but I will find out.

That teacher was arrested... arrested means go to jail?

TITF

TITF

Not if you have money or connections.

I'm sure she doesn't though.

The question isn't really about child protection laws. Thailand does have child protection laws. I tend to doubt, though, that the system is thorough enough that if she showed up in another part of the country she might not get a teaching job, or a job working with kids.

You asked as Thailand is uncivilized country... we have laws to protect the children and youth. I don't think it's difference from your country. I'm not sure 100% about it but I will find out.

TITF

p'Neung, you completely misunderstood my meaning. I did not in any way meant to infer Thailand was uncivilised. I have had training in child protection and had to learn child protection laws and regulations for UK.

I realise there are laws to protect the children; what I wondered is whether there are lists that schools and other agencies working with children consult that show adults who are banned from working with children.

In the UK, if an adult is convicted of any form of abuse towards a child or a vulnerable adult (disabilities, elderly, mental health issues) not only are they convicted by a court, but they are also placed on lists consulted by local authorities and agencies that bans them from working with these groups.

I realise that the Thai courts will deal with the criminal aspects of the case, but is there a similar system to our protection lists?? :)

while this is wrong, sick, disgusting, etc...

had Mrs. DiPerna (French teacher) offered... i'd have hit that in a heartbeat.

Its every schoolboys dream, this kid is going to be a legend for years amongst his peers.

xD

btw

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155304/?tag=Park+County+Police+Station

You're right, this is serious, we need to track this kid down and give him his luckiest boy award right away.

it happened in my school once. the teacher got fired and the kid's friends finally believed his story about getting with the hot math teacher.

a 13 year old who was big for his age isn't exactly going to be forced into anything physically. I mean when i was 11 years old i was bigger than most thai women.

The problem is with the position of power that the teacher was in which makes it unacceptable regardless of his age or who initiated it.

TITF

Well god forbid that she may be innocent as the media and all of us have already convicted her! Iain wasn't suggesting anything 'uncivilised' about Thailand but about essentially a blacklist of convicted child abusers.

Arrest only means that you are alleged by a criminal complaint to have engaged in some form of criminal conduct and thus the police have arrested you. You are then usually charged (not always) with an offence(s) and are required to respond to the accusation in a court. (Unless the charges are dropped before). If found guilty, one does not always go to jail as it depends on the charges and proscribed penalties (ie. what the minimum and maximum financial, administrative and custodial penalities are), circumstances of the crime and any mitigating factors.

But as we know they are two justice systems and if she had money this would have not reached the public rhelm.

But for all the patent inappropiate alleged conduct by her (and she is reported to have responded that the sexual relations were consensual which is irrelevant as the age of consent in Thailand is 15 and even then you need parental permission - payable in full after the event!) we don't really know the full story.

It may be a blatant case of abuse of authority and sexual assault on her part . Or maybe there are other issues; she has the mental age of an child, she has a mental illness, the boy blackmailed her in some way, the principle forced both of them for his/her sexual gratification etc, etc. None of which undermines the seriousness of the breach of trust.

As Loburt righly points out such cases are numerous all around the world and some of the examples I have given above have occured in other cases. These days in Aust, the USA and the UK such cases are treated so seriously that if convicted the teacher will almost always have to serve jail time and has virtually no chance of meaningful employment again which may be rightly so.

I dont think that Thailand treats these type of cases any less seriously and it is stupid to suggest such but as we know the criminal justice system has some serious shortcomings especially at the investigation stage. (A couple of male teachers from mid north Thailand - I forget where - received lengthy jail sentences early last year for numerous cases over many years of sex with female students). But there would be quite a number of 13-15 year old girls who had given birth and I don't imagine that police have sought to prosecute the fathers in most cases?

I think this is hilarious. What excuse are they going to give now? They can't claim corruption by a farang.

I'm sorry, I don't get it.

Who are "THEY" that you referred too.

and why did you mention about farang?

It's silly I know but I'm just curious.

'They' are the powers that be, the ones that like to blame foreigners for most of their ills.

I think this is hilarious. What excuse are they going to give now? They can't claim corruption by a farang.

'They' are the powers that be, the ones that like to blame foreigners for most of their ills.

Oh I see now... he means Admin and Danny.

Oh I see now... he means Admin and Danny.

Thats exactly what I thought :shock:

There are 2 separate but intertwined issues in this case;

1) An adult had sex with a child; no matter if he came onto her first, how old he looked etc etc. It is a case of child molestation pure and simple.

2) There was a major breach of trust. When a parent waves goodbye to their child as they go to school, the parent usually does not worry, because the school and the teachers are seen as being in the place of the parents while that child is at school. This is a fact under UK law (don't know if Thailand has equivalent) and is known as in loco parentis.

This woman breached that trust and therefore compounded the crime in (1)

I dont think so.... From what I heard, some Uni do check the record of Foreign teacher if they have any illegal issue in their own country before hiring them.. (at least I know one Uni do that) but with Thai teacher, esp* the primary/secondary schools(and Ithink that's what she can do), I dont think they do have any system to check but can be done verbally if someone want to, kinda depends on the mood/responsibility of one who gonna hire her..

Maybe I'm wrong, probably her name will be forward to all schools over the country incaseshe'sfound guilty... oh yeah she will be guilty for having sex with a youth who was her student for sure.. but I dont know either if it does matter or not (to the court)if the boy agreed to do. However, I agreed she should be banned from being a teacher as we see that she cannot control herself well with her own student.

:( In Thailand, there is no way to just check someone Unique ID and found all detail about that person.. all systems never going to be linked... I dont know why we even have Smart Card ID... I dont know what's the benefit from it?

Isnt it a perk of the job for the downtrodden and often ridiculed English teachers in Thailand to nibble on their frisky little student ear lobes.

Provided she is above the age of consent, is that morally wrong?

Seldom do I see troll job as provoking as mine during *** withdrawal but that's a good one and I love it.

On a realistic note Thailand Legislation

Thailand is a signatory to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child since March 27, 1992, and accepts the definition of a child as anyone not over eighteen years of age. However, under domestic law there are different ages of consent depending on the crime committed. According to Thailand?s criminal law anyone raping or committing indecent acts against children under fifteen faces seven to twenty years in prison. Child prostitution is illegal under the Prostitution Prevention and Suppression Act (1996). Anyone having sex with a child between fifteen and eighteen years of age faces a fine and a prison sentence of one to three years. If the child is below the age of fifteen the prison term increases from two to six years. The lengthier sentences are reserved for the procurers, seducers and traffickers of children into prostitution who face up to twenty years in prison. Parents who allow a child to enter into prostitution also face punishment. Although the law has provisions to protect witnesses and victims in court these are not widely used. There are detailed provisions, including extra-territorial laws for punishing traffickers in the Measures in Prevention and Suppression of Trafficking in Women and Children Act (1997).

ECPAT

Isnt it a perk of the job for the downtrodden and often ridiculed English teachers in Thailand to nibble on their frisky little student ear lobes.

Yes, though morally wrong things are fun.

Students are there to learn and teachers are there to teach. Sex gets in the way of that.

...unless it's sex education of course... :P

Yes, though morally wrong things are fun.

Students are there to learn and teachers are there to teach. Sex gets in the way of that.

...unless it's sex education of course... :P

I had to do it...

HUMPHREY:

I do wish you'd listen, Wymer. It's perfectly simple. If you're not getting your hair cut, you don't have to move your brother's clothes down to the lower peg. You simply collect his note before lunch, after you've done your scripture prep, when you've written your letter home, before rest, move your own clothes onto the lower peg, greet the visitors, and report to Mr. Viney that you've had your chit signed. Now, sex.

Sex, sex, sex. Where were we? [sniff] Well, had I got as far as the penis entering the vagina? [sniff]

PUPILS:

Umm. Mmmm.

[silence]

BIGGS:

Nnnno, sir.

WATSON:

No, sir.

BIGGS:

No, sir.

WATSON:

No.

PUPILS:

No...

WATSON:

No.

HUMPHREY:

Well, had I done foreplay?

[silence]

PUPILS:

Mmmm. Yeah. Yeah...

WATSON:

Yes.

BIGGS:

Yes, sir.

WATSON:

Yes, sir.

HUMPHREY:

Ahh, well, as we all know all about foreplay, no doubt you can tell me what the purpose of foreplay is,... Biggs.

BIGGS:

Uhm-- Don't know. Sorry, sir.

HUMPHREY:

Carter.

CARTER:

Ah. Uhh, was it taking your clothes off, sir?

HUMPHREY:

Well, and-- and after that?

WYMER:

Ooh. Putting them on the lower peg, sir?

PUPILS:

[chuckling]

[whop]

HUMPHREY:

The purpose of foreplay is to cause the vagina to lubricate, so that the penis can penetrate more easily.

WATSON:

Could we have a window open, please, sir?

HUMPHREY:

Yes. Harris, will you? And, of course, to cause the man's penis to erect and har... den! [sniff] Now, did I do vaginal juices last week? Oh, do pay attention, Wadsworth! I know it's Friday after-- Oh, watching the football, are you boy? Right! Move over there. I'm warning you! I may decide to set an exam this term.

WATSON:

Oh, sir.

BIGGS:

Oh, sir.

PUPILS:

Oh, sir...

HUMPHREY:

So, just listen. Now, did I or did I not... do... vaginal... juices?

PUPILS:

Mmm. Mmm. Yes, sir. Yes, sir.

HUMPHREY:

Name two ways of getting them flowing, Watson.

WATSON:

R-- rubbing the clitoris, sir?

HUMPHREY:

What's wrong with a kiss, boy? Hmm? Why not start her off with a nice kiss? You don't have to go leaping straight for the clitoris like a bull at a gate. Give her a kiss, boy.

WYMER:

Suck the nipple, sir?

HUMPHREY:

Good! Good. Well done, Wymer.

DUCKWORTH:

Uh, stroking the thighs, sir.

HUMPHREY:

Yes. Yes, I suppose so. Hmm?

PUPIL IN FRONT:

Oh, sir. Biting the neck.

HUMPHREY:

Yes. Good. Nibbling the earlobe, uhh, kneading the buttocks, and so on and so forth. So, we have all these possibilities before we stampede towards the clitoris, Watson.

WATSON:

Yes, sir. Sorry, sir.

HUMPHREY:

Now, all these forms of stimulation can now take place,...

[clunk clunk]

[clunk]

[clunk clunk]

[clunk clunk]

[twong]

...and, of course, tongueing will give you the best idea of how the juices are coming along. Helen! Now, penetration and coitus-- That is to say, intercourse up to, and including, orgasm. Ah, hello, dear. Do stand up when my wife enters the room, Carter!

CARTER:

Oh, sorry, sir. Sorry.

HELEN WILLIAMS:

Humphrey, I hope you don't mind, but I told the Garfields we would dine with them tonight.

HUMPHREY:

Yes. Yes, well, I suppose we must.

HELEN:

And I said we'd be there by eight.

HUMPHREY:

Well, at least it'll give me a reason to wind up the staff meeting.

HELEN:

Well, I know you don't like them, but I couldn't make another excuse.

HUMPHREY:

Well, it's just that I felt n-- Wymer! This is for your benefit. Would you kindly wake up? I've no intention of going through this all again.

WYMER:

Ahhh.

HUMPHREY:

Uhh, we'll take the foreplay as read, if you don't mind, dear.

HELEN:

No, of course not, Humphrey.

HUMPHREY:

So, the man starts by entering-- or mounting-- his good lady wife in the standard way. Uh, the penis is now, as you will observe, more or less, fully erect. There we are. Ah, that's better. Now,-- Carter.

CARTER:

Yes, sir?

HUMPHREY:

What is it?

CARTER:

It's an ocarina, sir.

HUMPHREY:

Bring it up here. The man now starts making thrusting movements with his pelvic area, moving the penis up and down inside the vagina, so--

Put it there, boy. Put it there on the table.

[clunk]

While the wife maximizes her clitoral stimulation by the shaft of the penis by pushing forward,-- Thank you, dear. Now, as sexual...

BIGGS:

[chuckling]

HUMPHREY:

...excitement mounts, uh,-- What's funny, Biggs?

BIGGS:

Uh,-- Oh, nothing, sir.

HUMPHREY:

Oh, do please share your little joke with the rest of us. I mean, obviously something frightfully funny's going on.

PUPIL:

[chuckle]

BIGGS:

No. Honestly, sir.

HUMPHREY:

Well, as it's so funny, I think you'd better be selected to play for the boys' team in the rugby match against the masters this afternoon

:twisted: :lol: :twisted:

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...