whats the worst food product you know of...

Stramash

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here one for the little one's...from the European champions of healthy, natural looking bio foods...

mortadella_teddy_bear.jpg

Bon appetite sprogs and sprogettes.

(but nothing is going to beat Iain's pigs brains...just the mental picture makes me heave. :puke_right: :puke_right: :puke_right: )

more info on the pork brains;

"The smell that came out of the can was like ground up vienna sausages mixed with particularly strong canned dog food. The cheap kind, not the kind that is better than what most people eat. I can still smell it, but maybe that?s because I haven?t taken out the trash yet."

:shock:

You mean you actually went out and bought it? :shock:

What were you planning to do? Try and outdo AAAum's regular cooking journal?

I can just see it now: Iain's Curried Pork Brains.

RECIPE:

Take one can of pork brains.....YUUUUUUUUK!!!!

Looking at the label, looks like it was packaged in the U.S. The home of great cuisine.

• 2 weeks later...
in New Zealand when i was a kid we ate sweet bread from KFC.....it was yum untill someone told us it was sheep brain....then we stopped eating it...

I have wondered what sweetbreads are for a long time - so I looked them up on Wikipedia....here it is...

"Sweetbreads are the thymus glands and pancreas glands of lamb, beef, or pork. There are two different connected parts to the thymus gland, both set in the neck. The "heart" sweetbreads are more spherical in shape, and surrounded symmetrically by the "throat" sweetbreads, which are more cylindrical in shape. Although both are edible, the heart thymus gland is generally favored because of its delicate flavor and texture, and is thus more expensive[1]. Typically sweetbreads are soaked in salt water, then poached in milk after which an outer membrane is removed. Once dry and chilled, they're often breaded and fried until crisp. It is also popular to use them as a stuffing or in pâtés."

Yuk...

As for brains - that's right up there with large intestine of the pig - common in Asia - I didnt realise what it was the only time I tried it - I wondered why I had this impression of poo - then I asked what it was "Ju Dai Cheung" I was told - I knew JU was pig (Cantonese) and "DAI meant large - and the sinking feeling I then had about the meaning of CHEUNG...yep...

Greer

• 3 weeks later...
Grey squirrel hunter follows UK pie demand south

Founder of Red Squirrel Protection Partnership says trapping and shooting greys is the only way to save native reds

Wild-grey-squirrel-onto-i-001.jpg

This guy is a complete hero and should be knighted in the next honours list. So far he has killed 22,000 grey squirrels!!! Respect is due...

(aint tasted the squirrel pie yet tho...)

:)