• Life through a lens
    • Obscura
    • Click
    • Foto Club
    • Dark Room
    • Thai Roop
    • Shutternuts
    • Share your view

I am a keen photographer and I think the idea of having a photo club in TF is very well thought of. However, choosing the right name for the club or folders can be decided later. The first most important issue is to set the clear objective(s) of this club. The name of the club should then reflect the objectives set. Should this club be used by members who like photography, (whether, just picture snappers, keen photographer, pros etc., ) a place to share experience, exchange ideas, seek advices but not a place just to store pictures!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a keen photographer and I think the idea of having a photo club in TF is very well thought of. However, choosing the right name for the club or folders can be decided later. The first most important issue is to set the clear objective(s) of this club. The name of the club should then reflect the objectives set. Should this club be used by members who like photography, (whether, just picture snappers, keen photographer, pros etc., ) a place to share experience, exchange ideas, seek advices but not a place just to store pictures!

I think the club should open for every TFer. And how the club is gonna be depends on all of you. Admin will provide a space on TF forum of us, have fun with it, use it productively.

Keep your ideas about the culb coming, my ladies and gents.

For the name for the floder, should we vote for it?

Call it what you like, but should have photo/graphy in the title, keep it simple because have new people everyday.

Anyway enough of all that:

Canon and Nikon shooters:

If you own an Iphone or Ipod Touch there's a new app in the store that lets you control your camera remotely... The pro version will even look through your cameras view-finder, impressive stuff!

prod_detail_dslr_bboard.png

I normally tether a cable to a laptop which i found quite limiting, so to be able to access nearly all of my cameras functions remotely with nothing more than a phone and simple software is a real breakthrough. There are other remote options but nothing with this functionality for a measly $20.

I think the club should open for every TFer. And how the club is gonna be depends on all of you. Admin will provide a space on TF forum of us, have fun with it, use it productively.

Keep your ideas about the culb coming, my ladies and gents.

For the name for the floder, should we vote for it?

I support the idea of voting for the name and also support the idea of the "ForSale" section.

So, let's vote for the name then. I will put names up for your votes this weekend. I guess the faster we can settle with the name, the faster the forum will be active. How about we have 2 days for the voting and whatever name got the most votes then we use that one. I'll announce the name on Monday. Does this sound alright for you ladies and gents?

So far we've got ...

"More then a thousand words"

life through a lens

obscura

click (I leave "bob" out, Iain if that's ok for you)

Foto Club

dark room

Thai Roop

Shutternuts

If you have any suggestion about the name, please feel free to add.

I like the idea of ""ForSale section" also but we have to be careful not to make it like advertising for your business, because if it is, you should talk with Admin before.

This ""ForSale" section is totally up to Admin to decide (but we already have Job Offers and Small Goods forum, can't we just use that one?)

From my first trial about "TF-Nikon Club", which wasn't a good idea. I think TF-Photo club maybe more interesting and eveyone can join. What do you ladies and gents think?

Simply, we just get together, sharing our interest in photograhpy and such.

any comments and ideas?

Really like the idea Nicky especially if it leads to day trips to various locations so people can share their insights, skills and experience.

And after the day trip a few drinks, followed by a few passed out people shown in all their drunken glory for TF journals. :wink:

I like the idea of ""ForSale section" also but we have to be careful not to make it like advertising for your business, because if it is, you should talk with Admin before.

This ""ForSale" section is totally up to Admin to decide (but we already have Job Offers and Small Goods forum, can't we just use that one?)

You could but no one looks down there, and this would be more specific to the ''Photography board''.

Im not bothered though.

You could but no one looks down there, and this would be more specific to the ''Photography board''.

Im not bothered though.

Good point! Let's hear what Admin thinks about this.

I take it all the Photo competition related threads will migrate to whatever that photographic section will be called?

Good idea by the way.

On Zooomr where I upload my photos, there's always some people organising 'photo walks'. The Bangkok posse for example would meet like for an event and then ransack a part of town snapping anything of interest and upload the results later. I think in Tokyo and SF they do that actually on a monthly or so basis.

Anyway, anyone with access to daddies Platinum fancying getting me a Pentax K-7? Thought I may just ask on the off-chance... :winky:

:twisted: