Use of bicycles..

Leaf

Once I went to job cycling and my boss told why am I using my bike and asked me - "don't you have money?" I just lived 800 meters away from home to my comapny. This was in Manila then...

Hpwever, I was overwhelmed when I moved here in Europe a lot of people is using bikes. Even our Prime Minister used to bike to his job but he was stopped due to security reasons...

Still can't understand the "status" thing...

In Manila and other Asian countries having a car is a "status" (means you are rich). How to cut this STIGMA? What do you think about cycling/biking?

I had that idea when I was 20s. but street in BKK don't have bicycle lane... it has only at Praditmanutaam Rd. the busy road as Sukhumvit or Ratchada is too dangerous to ride bicycle...

Sustainable development and promotion of urban cycling is part of my job and even in hi-tech Germany people are getting back on their bikes. Some because of sheer lack of money as fuel price keeps rising,but the majority for health and fitness reasons.

Bad Bangkok traffic is always the best excuse to remain a lazy bum :lol:

I have two bikes - both hi-tech bikes - each has cost around 4.500 ?. And the number of people spending a lot of money on bicycles and bicycle holidays in Europe is constantly rising.

But to start the fire it takes an initial spark, i.e. more people like you. Make a citizens movement towards greener Bangkok, i.e. annoy the BKK administration with applications, join BKK bike club and form a green party. Then demand a better city planning. As long as nobody complains or do anything about it, nothing will ever change.

As long as there is fuel, cheap fuel, nothing much will change. Thai people in general are too lazy to use a bicycle. They would rather walk or, of course, go by car even if it was a short stroll only.

Keep on biking :wink:

Cheers

Ray

Make a citizens movement towards greener Bangkok, i.e. annoy the BKK administration with applications, join BKK bike club and form a green party. Then demand a better city planning. As long as nobody complains or do anything about it, nothing will ever change.

For that to work there'd have to be a way for someone to get elected as mayor or governor or get 20 billion baht as kick backs. Until then it's not on the radar.

i dun own a car nor a bike..

i know am super broke... :?

but im thinking about getting a boat back in Cammy...

AND then wot "status" am going to be put in? :lol:

From what you were saying, you need a boat just to get to and into your your house. :twisted:

and a life jacket for ya when ya pay me a visit. Dun want ya drowning to dead :twisted:

From what you were saying, you need a boat just to get to and into your your house. :twisted:

and a life jacket for ya when ya pay me a visit. Dun want ya drawing to dead :twisted:

And don't forget a life jacket for your dog too!

and a life jacket for ya when ya pay me a visit. Dun want ya drawing to dead :twisted:

Nah, that flea pillow can fend for itself. :twisted:

Nah, Molly has insurance but Admin and Hobbits NO :lol:

Nah, Molly has insurance but Admin and Hobbits NO :lol:

And I need it for when I dance on tree stumps and bar tables!

Stopped for security reason..oh that's really too bad.

I would advice adding two little wheels :D

tricycle-enfant-baronm-00111l.jpg

Once I went to job cycling and my boss told why am I using my bike and asked me - "don't you have money?" I just lived 800 meters away from home to my comapny. This was in Manila then...

Hpwever, I was overwhelmed when I moved here in Europe a lot of people is using bikes. Even our Prime Minister used to bike to his job but he was stopped due to security reasons...

Still can't understand the "status" thing...