World Cup 2010.....

beej

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gee, argentine roastbeef slaughtered by 4:0..I loved to see Maradona weep..

your right argentina didn't show up to play tonight..very dissapointing game.

congratulations I gotta hand it to you guys you did crush them..too bad I was expecting to see a great game like the ghana game..one could only imagine the reason why one would want to see the south american teams loose and fall.. the south american teams have dominated the world cup play for so long.that's gotta be frustrating for a european world cup fan seeing them world cup after world cup dominating the play.

you gotta feed your hunger for it..

I think maradona is only weeping not because he lost but because he sees the rest of the world soccer community catching up..and the south american teams in general losing the hunger for victory.that's what has made the brazil teams great for so many years desire to feed..appitite for destruction... hey that argentine roast beef remark made me hungry makes me want to go and grab a bite to eat.. congrats on the win & cheers!!:wink:

Hi dear,

them young guys really rock - we are all looking forward towards an old classic, be it Spain or Holland in the final. Pity that this youngster Mueller cant play vs. Spain (hopefully Spain) in the semi..btw. it will be the Netherlands in the final, as we will most probably encounter Spain in the semi.

We still cant believe that this is a sommermaerchen 2006 reloaded, but hopefully with a better ending than 2006.

It looked so easy, guess we havent seen a team like this playing so cheerfully, skillfully and so full of power for a long time..

We are all drunken somehow. And I will keep drinking tonight and promise not to mow the lawn..

I dont know much about tactics but the stats speak for themselves. German had the 'minority' possession in both the England and Argentina matches but slaughtered both teams.

Both matches were characterised by German break aways that totally decimated the oppositions defense. Half the German goals were mere tap ins. It seems in modern football if you put enough of your players in the penalty area you can pretty much stop the opposition from scoring. Argentina had 3x as many shots at goal but rather like England they were 30m 'hope Robert Green is in goal' attempts. The Germans made the Argentine defense look pathetic as they did to England.

A long time ago Michael Owen did the same thing to Germany. Looks like we will have to bring back Theo.

I dont know much about tactics but the stats speak for themselves. German had the 'minority' possession in both the England and Argentina matches but slaughtered both teams.

Both matches were characterised by German break aways that totally decimated the oppositions defense. Half the German goals were mere tap ins. It seems in modern football if you put enough of your players in the penalty area you can pretty much stop the opposition from scoring. Argentina had 3x as many shots at goal but rather like England they were 30m 'hope Robert Green is in goal' attempts. The Germans made the Argentine defense look pathetic as they did to England.

A long time ago Michael Owen did the same thing to Germany. Looks like we will have to bring back Theo.

the argentine shot were some sissy shots my grannie would have saved. Mere tap ins - guess you watched the wrong match ??? The style is pretty much different from 1990 or what people think german football used to be in the past.

I love to see them play, not only sheer tactical powerplay, but fine combination that led to success.

Have a look at Spain - they are supposed to have the same or even better qualities as they are reigning european champions, but they are struggling at the moment to beat the Paras..

the argentine shot were some sissy shots my grannie would have saved. Mere tap ins - guess you watched the wrong match ??? The style is pretty much different from 1990 or what people think german football used to be in the past.

I love to see them play, not only sheer tactical powerplay, but fine combination that led to success.

Have a look at Spain - they are supposed to have the same or even better qualities as they are reigning european champions, but they are struggling at the moment to beat the Paras..

edit - lucky Spain - no need to fear the spanyards in the semi

Ok I might be exaggerating a bit. But what is interesting is there tactics re very powerful. They can tear apart the possession teams and the slow ones. They lost one game to someone pretty crap and I suspect that was because they spent too much time at the wrong end of the pitch namely near the oppositions goal.

Maybe the best tactics against Germany are to beat them at their own game.

Ok I might be exaggerating a bit. But what is interesting is there tactics re very powerful. They can tear apart the possession teams and the slow ones. They lost one game to someone pretty crap and I suspect that was because they spent too much time at the wrong end of the pitch namely near the oppositions goal.

Maybe the best tactics against Germany are to beat them at their own game.

Sounds like the German team are just standing in the own pitch, playing defensive style.. :?: Did I watch the wrong games?

I think they play pretty fast, best offensive at this World Cup.

And if you lead with one or two goals, then you let the others try their best and look for counterattacks..

Winner is the team with the most goals not with most ball possesion...

This team is amazing (thanks that Ballack is missing)... or can any other team change a 2:2 to a 4:1 ? :wink:

I might lose my top spot tonight..... and I'm forced to leave Podolski, Messi on the bench damn it...

I wouldnt worry about me lurking behind you, my Brazilian Maestros done me no favours yesterday, got half a team to sell now!!!

It's hard 'cause we can transfer only 4 players. trying so hard to keep 11 players who still in the tournament! *sigh*

The Dutch are hot favs to win tonight but the quarters have thrown up some surprises........remember what happened in 86 when a south american handled the ball!

well a midget argie beating a pommie keeper to a ball in the air shouldn't surprise anybody !!!! :D:D

but i do believe argentina were also favourites to win that game .... so no real surprises at all !!!

anyway tonight .... COME ON SPAIN !!!!!!!!!

why don't you just eat grilled squid in front of him... ?

because Paul is no longer with us..messengers with bad messages are still being decapitated over here. Just kidding. Being a diver I love octopus, but as any intelligent being on earth, even an octopus can be wrong :lol:

Sounded painful!

would you have rather liked to see Maradonas little Diego running around that square in Argentina in case they had won the WC ? And I bet that this psycho would have done it..

Would i rather want to see Moradonas or Enrique naked ? Take a wild guess !!!!