up-coming films!!

stegee

Forget the new Batman format.... Killing Joke was the one to film or maybe Dark Night returns.

The Watchmen was a good as I could have hoped for though apart from they didn't use the line about humans being nothing more than a successful bacteria on a lump of mud in a cold a mainly dead universe.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was quite the comic geek in my youth so have been looking forward to Watchmen for years. Unfortunately, I have to admit that the film is awful. Being a film by ?visionary director? Zach Schneider means that Watchmen switches from being incredibly flippant to overly portentous, producing (and I can?t believe that I?m writing this) a boring and irritating film. There is no depth to what?s on screen, and Zach seems more interested in what people are wearing than what they are doing. Now here I must stress that the source material is the opposite of boring, and I had to re-read it after seeing the film in order to make sure that my enjoyment of the comic wasn?t a function of my age when I read it. It wasn?t. It?s still great, not perfect by any means, but interesting, absorbing and exciting.

It seems to me that Zach Schneider couldn?t deal with how to tell the story. I think that the concepts covered in the source material are still relevant today, but it?s obvious to me that in order for the political and adventurous, multi-stranded and multilayered narrative to work in the film medium in the 21st century it needed altering. Like how Kubrick changed Stephen King?s ?The Shining? to work on screen. That is apparently what the previous on board director Paul Greengrass (of the Bourne movies) wanted to do. Unfortunately he left the project to fanboy Zach. In 300 Mr Schneider had a simple narrative which he still managed to reduce to members of the Culture Club fighting the clientele of the Blue Oyster Bar during a Village People concert. Visually arresting for 10 minutes, boring (there?s that word again) for the remaining 80 or so.

Ironically, in trying to stick religiously to the graphic novel Zach Schneider has created a film that is utterly apart from it - simply invoking pop culture and politics doesn?t cut it, you have to do something with them. Loving the source material (which he obviously does) just isn?t enough. My advice, read the graphic novel and give the film a wide berth?

:evil:

Any one seen the new X-men Wolverine ?

Yeah i have seen it and honestly it is not that good,and i am still mad about what they have down to the deadpool character :x .

what is it about 'deadpool'? my bf playing that character :P

Well deadpool suck big time have nothing to do,but really nothing to do with original comics hero.Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson is fine,but you see him about 5 minutes in the movie.

Any one seen the new X-men Wolverine ?

Yeah i have seen it and honestly it is not that good,and i am still mad about what they have down to the deadpool character :x .

what is it about 'deadpool'? my bf playing that character :P

Well deadpool suck big time have nothing to do,but really nothing to do with original comics hero.Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson is fine,but you see him about 5 minutes in the movie.

WHAT? 5 mins? no way!!!! that's not fair!!!! i'm not gonna go see it in cinema then....just gonna wait till it's on DVD better :lol:

• 1 month later...

Gran Torino, Clint Eastwood

8.4/10 IMDB,

Walt Kowalski is a widower who holds onto his prejudices despite the changes in his Michigan neighborhood and the world around him. Kowalski is a grumpy, tough-minded, unhappy an old man, who can't get along with either his kids or his neighbors, a Korean War veteran whose prize possession is a 1972 Gran Torino he keeps in mint condition. When his neighbor Thao, a young Hmong teenager under pressure from his gang member cousin, tries to steal his Gran Torino, Kowalski sets out to reform the youth. Drawn against his will into the life of Thao's family, Kowalski is soon taking steps to protect them from the gangs that infest their neighborhood.

Very good movie, funny and thought provoking.

the taking of pelham 123 looks good it's a tony scott film denzel travolta and luis guzman who you probably haven't heard of but a decent character actor he was the dude in the jim carey movie yes man that he persuaded to get off the ledge from jumping..

when i see it i will let you know :) :wink:

Yeah, we are going to see Pelham 123 this weekend. It will interesting see Denzel and Travolta on the screen together.

And then looking forward to seeing the Transformers sequel.

word up petey..denzel and travolta it's anticipated to be good we will see though

public enemies- johnny depp

bruno-sacha cohen

GI joe- im not sure if he has the kung-fu grip tho :) 8)