Annoying daily words

SweetieBabie

What is that one word (or more) that you loathe ?

I tremendously dislike the word "Nice".

Nice is an overused by nobrainers, sure it is polite but it is meaningless and annoying. If you're an artist, a writer, a musician, a performer, a couturier or a chef, would you settle for the word "nice" to describe your work? I think not. How do you like your food? -It's nice.- How do you like this painting -It's nice- How do you like i perform in bed? -It's nice- How do you like the movie we saw together? -It's nice.-

Nice??!! Grrrrrrrr :evil:

Now what's your examples ?

This thread is under Speaking English but lets include either English & Thai words that you loathe....

whatever<-----------can be annoyng

agree, like um, totally, um...

Is 'whatever' equivalence to "Arai Kor dai" & "ÃÃäáçä´é" ?

"up to you!" ..... everything is up to you.

Do you want this? -up to you-

Where do you wanna go? -up to you-

What film do you want to see? -up to you-

Do you want me to undress you? -up to you-

Do you want to do it? -up to you-

Grrrrrr :evil:

W h a t e v e r

à à ä Ã ¡ç ä ´é

Men: What to have for dinner?

àÃҨáԹÃÃäáѹ´ÕÃèèêÃ

Women: Whatever

ÃÃäáçä´é¨éÒ

Men: Why not we have steamboat?

·ÓäÃàÃÒäÃè¡Ô¹ÊµÕÃ⺷¡Ñ¹ÅèÃ

Women: Don't want la, eat steamboat later got pimples in my face

äÃèÃèäèà ¡Ô¹áÅéÇÊÔÇ¢Ö鹹õÑÇàç

Men: Alright, why not we have Si Chuan cuisine

¡çä´é §Ñ鹡Թ ÃÒËÒà àʩǹ¡Ñ¹ÃéÒ

Women: Yesterday ate Si Chuan, today eat again?...

àÃ×èÃÇÒ¹¡ç¡Ô¹ Çѹ¹Õé¨Ò¡Ô¹ÃÕ¡àËÂÃ

Men: Hmm..... I suggest we have seafood...

§Ñé¹à¤éÒá¹Ã¹ÓÇèÒ¡Ô¹«Õ¿Ù´´Õ¡ÇèÒÃÃ

Women: Seafood no good la, later I got diarrhea

ÃÒËÒ÷ÃàÅäÃè´ÕÃÑé§ ¡Ô¹áÅéÇ·éçàÊÕÂÃèÃ

Men: Then what you suggest?

§Ñé¹µÑÇàç¨Ã¡Ô¹äÃÅèÃ

Women : Whatever

ÃÃäáçä´é¨éà ^^

......................................................................................................................................

A n y t h i n g

ä ´é ·Ñé § ¹Ñé ¹

Men: So what should we do now?

àà àÃҨ÷ÓÃÃäáѹ´Õ¹éÒ

Women: Anything

ÃÃäáçä´é·Ñ駹Ñé¹ áËÅÃ

Men: How about watching movie? Long time we didn't watch movie

´Ù˹ѧ¡Ñ¹ÃÑé äÃèä´é´Ù¹Ò¹áÅéǹÃ

Women: Watching movie no good la, waste time only

´Ù·ÕÇÕäÃè´ÕËÃá ´Ù仡çàÊÕÂàÇÅÒà»ÅèÒ æ

Men: How about we play bowling, do some exercises?

§Ñé¹â¹âºÇì ¡Ñ¹´Õ¡ÇèÒ Ãá¡ÓÅѧ¡ÒÂ

Women: Exercise in such hot day? You not feel tire meh?

Ãá¡ÓÅѧ µÃ¹Ãéù æ à¹Õè¹à äÃèà˹ÕèÃ弎񤊤

Men: Then find a caf>é and have drink

¶éÒ§Ñ鹡çËÒ¡Òá¿¡Ô¹¹Ã

Women: Drink coffee will affect my sleep

¡Ô¹¡Òá¿à´ÕëÂÇ¡ç¹Ã¹äÃèËÅѺËÃáµÑÇàç

§Ñé¹àÃÒ·Óäáѹ´ÕÅèÃ

ÃÃäáçä´é·Ñ駹Ñ鹤èÒÒÒÒÒ ^^

......................................................................................................................................

Y o u d e c i d e

µ Ò à ã ¨ à ¸ à à ¸ à à Å× à ¡

Men: Then we just go home lo

§Ñé¹àÃÒ¡ÅѺºéÒ¹Åáѹ¹Ã

Women: You decide...

µÒÃã¨ÊÔ¨êÃ

Men: Let take bus, I will accompany you...

¢Öé¹Ã¶àÃÅìÅáѹ¹à à´ëÇà¤éÒ¹Ñ觴éÇÂ

Women: Bus is dirty and crowded. Don't want la

öàÃÅìÊ¡»Ã¡ á¶Ã¤¹¡çá¹è¹´éÇÂÃèà äÃèÃÂÒ¡¢Öé¹àÅÂ

Men: Ok we will take Taxi

âÃठ¹Ñè§ taxi ¡çáÅéǡѹ

Women: Not worth it la... for such a short distance...

äÃè¤ØéÃàÅÂà¹Õè ã¡Åéá¤è¹Õéàç

Men: Alright, then we walk lo. Take a slow walk

ä´é æ §Ñé¹à´Ô¹ä»

Women: What to walk with empty stomach woh?

ÃÑ¡ѹ . . . ¨Ãà´Ô¹µÃ¹ËÔÇ æ §ÕéàÅÂËÃÃ

ÎèÇÂ.. áÅéǨÃàÃÒä§Åà ÇèÒÃÃ’

Women: You decide

µÒÃã¨à·Ã´Ô

Men: Let's have dinner first

á´¡¢éÒÇ¡èùÅáѹÇÃ

Women: Whatever

ÃÃäáçä´é

Men: Eat what?

àÃéÒ... ¨Ã¡Ô¹äÃ

ä´é·Ñ駹Ñé¹áËÅÃ

Men: (Look around... no one here, gonna kill her....)

(Ãçä»Ãú æ .... äÃèàËç¹ã¤Ã... ¡Ã٨æèÒÃÃÖ§!!!!)

5555 ;)

"One?"

As spoken by Thai waiting staff...

Me: "Can I get the sirloin steak with french fries and mushroom sauce, please?"

Waiter: "One?"

Me (in my mind): "Of course 'one' you ******* moron!!! Am I gonna order TWO sirloin steaks and eat 'em myself? Do I look like an American? Don't you think I would have mentioned 'two' in my ******* order if I'd wanted two?"

Me (in my voice): Yes, one please."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And...

"Taxi?"

sexydeeveedee

1. "helllooooooo maaaaaaassaaaaaggeeeeeee"

I wonder if they all get that as part of their training at the massage school... cause they all sound exactly the freaking same:

"helllooooooo maaaaaaassaaaaaggeeeeeee" and occasionally

"helllooooooo misteeer, maaaaaaassaaaaaggeeeeeee for yoooouuuuu" when they learn 3 more words...

No, There is no a large NEON sign above your head that says "MASSAGE". I would not have noticed the 10 of you sitting outside the parlor. Please announce to me something that makes NO FREAKING SENSE in English!!!

"Sawtdii Krup NUAT" to you too.

2. "Hey you" usually followed by "where you go" or "tuk tuk"

I am a dumb FARANG. I would have never noticed you sitting in a "tuk tuk" with the taxi sign on top of it, until you announce it to me. And all this time I though it was a ******* airplane. Second, it's none of your ******* business where I'm going but it sure as hell not to a "ping pong show", "spicy" or some random junk shop that gives you gas commission.

3. Speaking of suit shops... "Hello Sr I have a suit for you"

Have you looked at me? I look like ******* "raggedy Ann"! What would I do with a suit? Especially one made from the cheapest fabric in the world with the shittiest thread. Anyone who knows a suit will immediately see a boss knock off when they see you. Its like the ADDIDAS with 4 lines.

4. the rest were covered I believe - My drawing says it all

4900_96697781330_669736330_2483047_1366950_n.jpg

(in Australian accent)

(on one of the islands, but particularly Samui)

G'day mate; you interested in a slice of this tropical paradise? Do you want to come to a time share presentation?

NO!!!!!

There was one young idiot from Melbourne who asked me this nearly every day for 6 bloody months!!!

:D

dude that is a freaking excellent drawing you nailed it..

but hey what would a walk down sukhumvit be without all the street hustlers? on mondays when all of the t-shirt - electronic stands are gone S - street looks like a wild west movie ghost town to me. The tuk - tuk and masage advances are very annoying and nerve racking but, just like I expect a traffic jam on the Dan Ryan expressway...

I actually expect the comotion and to get hassled, If im in that part of town I even factor in the doging of people and the stoping of the brief exchange of NO..NO..NO to the street vendors every 45 seconds as you walk down the sidewalk. I have observed there are quit a few shop owners that use sign language and are deaf....

but as we all know this is part of the uniqueness of S - street and BKK something for the tourist to go home and tell their friends about - of how surreal it was :o

hey Vlad you forgot what BKK is also famous for a picture of an elephant or two walking down the street.. - and hey sir would you like to feed the elephant like as if a little arsh bag of food would satisfy the appetite of a 2 ton elephant I would think it, he or she; would be still hungry after my little arsh bag of food. 8) don't ya think????

p.s. dude you smoke the US surgeon general has stated that those are bad for ya :wink:

but hey what would a walk down sukhumvit be without all the street hustlers? on mondays when all of the t-shirt - electronic stands are gone S - street looks like a wild west movie ghost town to me. The tuk - tuk and masage advances are very annoying and nerve racking but, just like I expect a traffic jam on the Dan Ryan expressway...

I actually expect the comotion and to get hassled, If im in that part of town I even factor in the doging of people and the stoping of the brief exchange of NO..NO..NO to the street vendors every 45 seconds as you walk down the sidewalk. I have observed there are quit a few shop owners that use sign language and are deaf....

but as we all know this is part of the uniqueness of S - street and BKK something for the tourist to go home and tell their friends about - of how surreal it was :o

hey Vlad you forgot what BKK is also famous for a picture of an elephant or two walking down the street.. - and hey sir would you like to feed the elephant like as if a little arsh bag of food would satisfy the appetite of a 2 ton elephant I would think it, he or she; would be still hungry after my little arsh bag of food. 8) don't ya think????

p.s. dude you smoke the US surgeon general has stated that those are bad for ya :wink:

I feel bad for those elephants! All the noise, traffic and commotion... if there is elephant hell that must be it. They don't annoy me, but really make me sad. I have to really fight not to loose my temper when the elephant herders try hard to force me to buy the good... 5 ,4, 3, 2, deep breath... must not beat that man to death with his own sandal... since i live near sukhumvit it is all to real. anyway that was a nice rant sorry.

I quit smoking since I drew that pic, BKK air is bad enough... but the mosquitoes and the touts never went away really. The sad thing is they see me walk to work every single day and still ask me. I know all farang look the same and what not... but when i go home i'll buy something equally useless and very American and try to sell it to them for a very unreasonable price...

Any suggestion on useless American junk ... that's not made in china?

I feel bad for those elephants! All the noise, traffic and commotion... if there is elephant hell that must be it. They don't annoy me, but really make me sad. I have to really fight not to loose my temper when the elephant herders try hard to force me to buy the good... 5 ,4, 3, 2, deep breath... must not beat that man to death with his own sandal... since i live near sukhumvit it is all to real. anyway that was a nice rant sorry.

I quit smoking since I drew that pic, BKK air is bad enough... but the mosquitoes and the touts never went away really. The sad thing is they see me walk to work every single day and still ask me. I know all farang look the same and what not... but when i go home i'll buy something equally useless and very American and try to sell it to them for a very unreasonable price...

Any suggestion on useless American junk ... that's not made in china?

that was a nice rant sorry.

thank you it was a bit of a malevolence rage wasn't it :wink: :wink:

but hey you know it's just a typical walk down S-street. if you caught a cab ride for about 45 baht it may save you all the drama of dogging people etc. I guess. you probably even would make it to your destination at the same time after street traffic.. but I like to walk..a walk down S-street kinda reminds me of that old arcade game paper boy except you don't get any points for dogging all the destractions.. :twisted: