up-coming films!!

stegee

I really want to see Slumdog Millionaire don't know if it will be released in Thailand it is directed by Danny Boyle (trainspotting, 28 days later The Beach etc etc)

The story of an impoverished child on the streets of Mumbai that lucks out on India's variant of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

It's meant to be really good!!!!

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=AIzbwV7on6Q

Don't download it; go an see it. Would be surprised if didn't get release in Thailand, especially given the large Indian population there...

Danny Boyle's film Slumdog Millionaire has swept the Critics' Choice Awards in California, winning five prizes, including best film and director.

Dev Patel, who stars in the rags-to-riches story about an improbable winner of Who Wants to be a Millionaire, was named best young actor.

The movie also collected the trophies for best writer and composer

cleaned up at the golden globes too.

the other movie that may be out some day (pending litigation apparently) that i'm really looking forward to (and dreading, in case it sucks) is the Watchmen movie.

Agree. Will depend a lot on the input Alan Moore has had and how good a job Zack Snyder does, but definitely looking forward to it.

Never realised you were a fan of the graphic novel Z; what are your thoughts on Grant Morrison?

Update on this Z - litigation settled - March 6th confirmed for release :D

:)

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

life imitating art imitating life???

Mickey Rourke has taken his new role in The Wrestler to heart - he is to step in the ring for real.

The actor has enjoyed a fairytale comeback after starring in the movie about a fading wresting star coming to terms with his life after a heart attack. He has already won a Golden Globe and is heavily tipped to win an Oscar for Best Actor.

However the star has embraced the character of Randy 'The Ram' Robinson so much that he has revealed he's taking up the 'sport' for real. He has already talked to WWE boss Vince McMahon about his plans.

He said, "I think I'm gonna do WrestleMania in Houston.

"The boys from the WWE called me and asked me to do it. I said, ?I want to.? I?m talking with [WWE legend] Rowdy Roddy Piper about it.?

?The nicest thing has been the whole wrestling community embracing us. The movie was about their world.?

The actor is definitely serious too as he previously took a lengthy time out from acting when he embarked on a boxing career.

:shock:

(just realised that I missed all the bloody text out the first time!!)

• 2 weeks later...
I looking forward to see Robert Langdon from The Da Vinci Code to Angels & Demons what seems to involved with the Illuminati, a legendary secret society, and concerns CERN er..something like that

:lol:

If it is anywhere as rubbish and contrived as Da Vinci, then I would rather sleep on hot coals...

Brown is an overrated undertalented writer, who simply sellotaped together various urban myths and conspiracy theories without too much thought and effort...

And even had the story had any depth to it, the completely clueless casting of Tom Hanks ensured that the film (and its prequel in all probability) ensures that they are consigned to the rotten turkey drawer of films...

finally gonna see Red Cliff 2.

yep i'm aware that the original topic was "films you'll want to give a miss to," and while that may be fun for a while, it gets tedious well before 7 pages so i'm more than happy to do my part in pushing toward the thread mutating into films to *see*.

The first one i went to and walked out after 30 minutes cuz was not be able to understand any of it. Subtitle ran too quickly to be able to read. Would have had enjoyed it a bit if was able to understand Chinese.

I looking forward to see Robert Langdon from The Da Vinci Code to Angels & Demons what seems to involved with the Illuminati, a legendary secret society, and concerns CERN er..something like that

If it is anywhere as rubbish and contrived as Da Vinci, then I would rather sleep on hot coals...

Brown is an overrated undertalented writer, who simply sellotaped together various urban myths and conspiracy theories without too much thought and effort...

And even had the story had any depth to it, the completely clueless casting of Tom Hanks ensured that the film (and its prequel in all probability) ensures that they are consigned to the rotten turkey drawer of films...

I really enjoyed the books ('Angels and Demons' and 'Da Vinci Code').

I enjoyed all the trivia and conspiracy theory stuff. I thought it was well-researched and would like to visit some of the places and see the paintings and architecture for myself.

On the other hand...

I thought the Tom Hanks movie was a bag of fermenting monkey spunk blended with leper's-scrotum peelings.

Since no one seemed to notice my forum post promoting a new cool Norwegian movie, (yes, I'm in great need of attention these days! :D ) I'm shamelessly posting it here as well

http://www.filmweb.no/trailere/article175879.ece

Choose the first 'fullskjerm' [full screen] for best viewing..

Even if you don't understand norwegian, you could always enjoy the scenery

Since no one seemed to notice my forum post promoting a new cool Norwegian movie, (yes, I'm in great need of attention these days! :D ) I'm shamelessly posting it here as well

http://www.filmweb.no/trailere/article175879.ece

Choose the first 'fullskjerm' [full screen] for best viewing..

Even if you don't understand norwegian, you could always enjoy the scenery

Well no one understood those Timotei ads -so i guess point taken.

I really enjoyed the books ('Angels and Demons' and 'Da Vinci Code').

I thought it was well-researched and would like to visit some of the places and see the paintings and architecture for myself.

On the other hand...

I thought the Tom Hanks movie was a bag of fermenting monkey spunk blended with leper's-scrotum peelings.

It was about as well researched as the Sunday Sport - at least in as much that most of his 'reseach' was done by eh, reading other peoples research and writing...

If you enjoy really mad conspiracy theories - read Robert Anton Wilson; blows Dan 'I'm not that good' Brown to pieces.

However, from criticism of your taste to praise of your words...

I could not have summed up my thoughts on the film better!! :lol: