• Not me
    • Gimme a beer
    • I'd rather have a shot of whiskey

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no standard romanization of Thai.

also, there are sounds that don't exist in English, such as that bp sound, or a dt sound.

hope this helps. that's about as far as i got studying Thai.

Sorry to disagree , but there is a standard romanization of the Thai language:

The Thai Royal Institute system is the official system and is the method used to transliterate Thai names, place names, road signs etc...

But if it is applied, that is another question :P

http://www.royin.go.th/

I always use "jub jub" or JJ

:wink:

thats funny, i was just looking at ur profile and pictures and i saw on one of your pictures, you wrote "Joop!!!" :roll:

good eyes.. and thank you for checking on my profile carefully.

you raised the point.. so I share...

I often use 'jub jub' on msn or sms... and imagine that it would be short sound.

for that picture, I imagine it as long sound (u can see my mouth shape).. so I use 'joop'

moreover, I might use 'jub jub' too often... then I changed.

thank you for your interest

:wink:

what is joop joop anyway ? Is it the sound of fellatio ?

I think jup jup... or jub jub... is the Thai equivalent of the western 'air kissing' that became oh-so trendy...with all the oh-so people who try oh-so hard. And like air kissing, it is meaningless bullshit for fake people.

there is no standard romanization of Thai.

also, there are sounds that don't exist in English, such as that bp sound, or a dt sound.

hope this helps. that's about as far as i got studying Thai.

Sorry to disagree , but there is a standard romanization of the Thai language:

The Thai Royal Institute system is the official system and is the method used to transliterate Thai names, place names, road signs etc...

But if it is applied, that is another question :P

http://www.royin.go.th/

there may be a thai standard romanisation ... but that doesn't mean it's very good or widely used !!!

no offence, i dont give a sh*t which spelling is correct. since those words have been so in-trend for whoever i only use it twice just to respond to the sender, and believe me i felt really awkward to use it. it's just not so me....

If you feel awkward then don't use it, why follow the 'in-trend' crowd?

Spelling is not so important. (unless your practicing your thai on your favourite camel.)

It is the context & intention that counts.

no offence, i dont give a sh*t which spelling is correct. since those words have been so in-trend for whoever i only use it twice just to respond to the sender, and believe me i felt really awkward to use it. it's just not so me....

If you feel awkward then don't use it, why follow the 'in-trend' crowd?

Spelling is not so important. (unless your practicing your thai on your favourite camel.)

It is the context & intention that counts.

joop joob jub jup juab juab

I think jup jup... or jub jub... is the Thai equivalent of the western 'air kissing' that became oh-so trendy...with all the oh-so people who try oh-so hard. And like air kissing, it is meaningless bullshit for fake people.

WOW

didn't mean to hit a nerve there :wink:

lol

WOW

lol

:lol:

WOW

lol

perhaps you have too high an opinion of yourself and your importance if you believe that.